Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Faragon the Grand Elder of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=105018
105018, (DELETED) [None] Faragon the Grand Elder of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Dec 13 16:17:52 2011

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Faragon perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:31
105020, you deleted a cheetah at 31 hours!?!?!?!?!?! nt
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
105021, AND diamondback. I was horrified. Cheetah/Diamondback would be awesome.
Posted by Groupmate on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pounce + Regen? Mmmmm.
105023, It was a mistake...
Posted by Faragon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To go utility. I didn't chose my second focus until 48 level, and it was a bit difficult to level up, but doable.

Why it was a mistake? Because there is a tiger form. Tiger + defense regen would work much better (my opinion). If I'd want to play cheetah, I'd have to go something else (air most likely). But I had no regen forms, so going air would decrease my chances on getting regen form.

Thats why second shapefocus = defense, and cheetah + rattlesnake combo isn't good enough (for me).
105024, You're crazy. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
105026, Seconding the crazy.
Posted by AXera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With that combination of forms, you could have taken some of the fairly difficult wand locs too. I would have looked for a hell of a long time before giving up on those.

To each his own, I guess.
105028, Your choice
Play as you like, I don't forbid you to!

For me, it's easier and quicker to reroll and have a nice wands locatons than have wand that will be pain in the ass to get. And every other location I've checked, worry not.
105035, And this, right here, is the real problem with the playerbase and ABS.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I spent 10 hours looking for my stuff and couldn't find it.

I'll just reroll and spend 25 hrs ranking to try again until I get the easiest combination of forms/wands.

FFS.
105036, Actually, I think you could be more specific...
Posted by Alston on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is the problem with players who play shapeshifters.

It's a no brainer class that requires little to know effort to play. Is it any wonder that the people who play them would be put out by anything that required a little effort?

I have played several shapeshifters and I am struck by a few things.

1) How easy they are to rank.

2) How easy they are to PK with.

3) How boring they are.

I have a huge prejudice against them and would ask a necromancer to group with my maran before I would ask a shapeshifter to group with me with a few specific exceptions.

P.S. Shifters don't need abs.
105038, You never fail to disappoint. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I miss Pro though. CHANGE YOUR HANDLE BACK!!!!
105042, So what you are saying is...
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) That you feel like you are playing God mode when you are a shifter and that is why I know every shifter you have played because you were awesome.

2) You would let an OOC issue YOU have with a class deliberately ruin the RP experience for someone else because you cannot separate IC and OOC character traits?

Or am I just not reading this right?
105022, Yeah
I couldn't find my rods (every relatively easy location were empty). For some reason, detect artifact didn't flare on non-sleek sources. I've prayed, got no answer and tried to find it without DA. But without being sure if DA would flare on sleek, it was too boring and unreliable to continue.

Bored, I've chosen second focus and got rattlesnake. I've had two before and each time rattlesnake were a very very sad form, unuseful for anything but healing. I wanted my second form to be useful too. If it would be croc or komodo, I'd keep it and find my rods or would attune them; but rattlesnake isn't that good as you think.

So... spin the wheel, got pachyderm = delete.
105029, Pachy Cheetah would be sweet.
Posted by Treebeard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Regen forms are great. But not necessary. But I could see hating no regen AND no rods.

DA doesn't fire all the time, on everything. If you were on with lots of ragers often, that might harm the spell's effectiveness.

Keep on truckin
105030, Veil was weakened that time (nt)
It flared on another characters and those I've asked, but not on me. No idea why. I've bugboarded that.