Subject: "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Maligannt Mith'tinechor the Preceptor..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104642
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 26-Nov-11 02:16 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104642, "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Maligannt Mith'tinechor the Preceptor of Temperance"

Sat Nov 26 01:12:51 2011

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Maligannt perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:46
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:108

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ayathkiran (Anonymous)Wed 30-Nov-11 06:59 PM
Charter member
#104706, "Thanks to friends and imms"
In response to Reply #0

This was my first character of any significance since leaving CF to play EQ back in 2001. I wanted to take a chance now to thank those who took the time to show me around the new CF - and apologize for deciding to depart again - I found I wasnt accomplishing much once I got into hero range beyond getting myself or my friends killed. I decided the frustration wasnt worth it for the meager amount I was improving or learning about CF, that coupled with Skyrim did in my renewed MUD interest for now.

I should also thank Marcatis, I think as I progressed through our chats I understood your religion and I appreciated your patience with me. I read more on philosophy as a result of those talks than I have in years.

Best of luck all

IllanthosSat 26-Nov-11 05:34 AM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104643, "RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Maligannt Mith'tinechor the Prece..."
In response to Reply #0

I always chuckled a little when I recalled that Maligannt followed Marcatis. (Malagant being the dark god of necromancy and decay in my RP setting, and Marcatis being something of its antithesis)

Was the name a coincidence, or should I know you from somewhere?

Ayathkiran (Anonymous)Wed 30-Nov-11 06:40 PM
Charter member
#104705, "RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Maligannt Mith'tinechor the Prece..."
In response to Reply #1

The name is a coincidence as it corresponds to your RP setting. The name is a form of 'Maleagant' from Arthurian literature - check wikipedia if you're interested. I've played the name on muds and MMO's since '91, always as a paladin though this time on CF was the first time I've had to put some thought into the character and develop a true story for him.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104642 Previous topic | Next topic