Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliandar Nrshu Teln Imrahdur the C..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102557
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 19-Sep-11 11:48 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102557, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliandar Nrshu Teln Imrahdur the Cleanser of Maledictions"

Mon Sep 19 11:44:22 2011

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Iliandar perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:healer
Level:39
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:76

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What a nightmare empowerment that was ..., MoetEtChandon, 19-Sep-11 12:26 PM, #1
     Reply Yeah, too bad..., Twist, 19-Sep-11 01:11 PM, #2
     Reply Hehe, fun example, MoetEtChandon, 19-Sep-11 01:47 PM, #3
     Reply Stay honest!, Rayihn, 19-Sep-11 02:35 PM, #4
          Reply Ha ha har!, MoetEtChandon, 19-Sep-11 02:47 PM, #5
          Reply CF really just needs more cowboys. nt, Splntrd, 22-Sep-11 12:32 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Stay honest!, HammerSong, 20-Sep-11 07:52 AM, #8
          Reply RE: Stay honest!, The-me, 22-Sep-11 07:49 AM, #11
               Reply Ahem.. dwarven buddy jesus *mutters to himself*, The-me, 22-Sep-11 08:58 AM, #12
     Reply I like that example too, Gaplemo, 19-Sep-11 08:09 PM, #6
     Reply trying really hard not to hijack, but thanks for this., Welverin, 20-Sep-11 01:39 PM, #9
          Reply The problem is..., Twist, 20-Sep-11 03:18 PM, #10
               Reply Ditto, totally. n/t, Wayward Knight, 22-Sep-11 07:37 PM, #15
     Reply Guess I won't yell at you..., Angynn (Anonymous), 19-Sep-11 10:19 PM, #7
     Reply We never had that talk!, Fjodir (Anonymous), 22-Sep-11 01:22 PM, #14

MoetEtChandonMon 19-Sep-11 12:26 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2010
293 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102560, "What a nightmare empowerment that was ..."
In response to Reply #0

If there's any fault in this, it's likely all mine, things just didn't click. Either I totally didn't understand Twist's religion (very well possible) or I just didn't find a way to match it with what I wanted Ili to be.

That said, that in itself wasn't enough to let me delete Ili, cause boy did I enjoy playing him! I really did. But, time was also a serious issue. I am doing a first aid course, going for two professional certificates and have to finish a very important implementation at work, which is going to require a lot of overtime. On top of that I had a two weeks vacation (great for me, bad for the character) and just now returned from a weekend at Berlin. All of that leaves me with little time to 'breath', let alone play CF, so ... yeah.

Twist,
my sincerest apologies if I made you feel like I was wasting your time, I was trying to give it all, but I just didn't feel it happened. Also, despite having that vacation in between, I honestly don't believe I had experienced a situation that met your criteria better than the Fiam example. And yeah, even I was thinking 'what the hell am I saying', but that conversation had to happen anyway.

Anyone else, uh, lot's of friends and interesting people, so holler and I'll get back to you.

Oh and, asking help (beyond asking for tips/clues) with a quest you couldn't possibly survive/defeat on your own (yet), totally defeats the purpose of such a quest. So, no, not helping you.

See ya,
Thuorn, Thraris, Nian, ...

TwistMon 19-Sep-11 01:11 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#102562, "Yeah, too bad..."
In response to Reply #1

I think the easiest OOC suggestion I can give to people on Twist's view of Honesty (as opposed to Truth) is to read the Wheel of Time series (at least the first few books) to see how being physically incapable of "speaking no word that is untrue" just really doesn't hinder you at all from being deceitful and completely dishonest.

For instance:

Joebob says "Do you serve the light? Care to travel?"

Neutralguy says "One might say I serve the light. I would love to travel."

All Truth, Zero Honesty.

It seemed like you kinda weren't clicking with that. Sorry it didn't work out between us! Good luck with the next.

MoetEtChandonMon 19-Sep-11 01:47 PM
293 posts
#102564, "Hehe, fun example"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for that. I got the basic idea, I just don't have a clue about how to make a char's lifestyle out of it. Maybe with another incarnation .

RayihnMon 19-Sep-11 02:35 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#102565, "Stay honest!"
In response to Reply #3

Every time you said that when you logged off I pictured you cocking the hand gun at the fortress, saying "stay honest", winking, pulling the trigger, and quitting off. Don't ask me why.

MoetEtChandonMon 19-Sep-11 02:47 PM
293 posts
#102566, "Ha ha har!"
In response to Reply #4

Thanks for the laugh. You have a vivid (weird??) imagination.

SplntrdThu 22-Sep-11 12:32 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102654, "CF really just needs more cowboys. nt"
In response to Reply #5

a

Splntrd

HammerSongTue 20-Sep-11 07:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#102587, "RE: Stay honest!"
In response to Reply #4

That gave me a good laugh.

The-meThu 22-Sep-11 07:49 AM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#102648, "RE: Stay honest!"
In response to Reply #4

Now imagine him as an elven Buddy Jesus

The-meThu 22-Sep-11 08:58 AM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#102650, "Ahem.. dwarven buddy jesus *mutters to himself*"
In response to Reply #11

nt

GaplemoMon 19-Sep-11 08:09 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#102572, "I like that example too"
In response to Reply #2

The way I saw your religion, was that honesty was not only the presentation of truth, but the absence of any deceit whatsoever in your words and actions. 100% disclosure, total forthcoming in all matters. Cannot mislead anyone in any way, shape, or form. Speak your mind and whats on it baby!

WelverinTue 20-Sep-11 01:39 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#102603, "trying really hard not to hijack, but thanks for this."
In response to Reply #2

I'd love to see other Imm's post some similar things in their Various forms. It's hard when coming up with a role not at least having some basic idea of how the IMM see's things.

TwistTue 20-Sep-11 03:18 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#102610, "The problem is..."
In response to Reply #9

in general things are more fun and better RP'd if these things come from the player (or are figured out by the player in-game).

However, having played a Marcatis paladin, I can empathize with struggling to figure out exactly what your god wants. Marcatis made me feel really dumb.

Wayward KnightThu 22-Sep-11 07:37 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2010
129 posts
#102663, "Ditto, totally. n/t"
In response to Reply #10

n/t

Angynn (Anonymous)Mon 19-Sep-11 10:19 PM
Charter member
#102575, "Guess I won't yell at you..."
In response to Reply #1

Those real life things tend to pile up and sneak up on you when you
play alot of CF for too long. It's as if you ignoring them in favor
of CF three months ago didn't make them go away after all.

Liked the other characters, liked this one too.

When you get the time, good luck with your next.

Fjodir (Anonymous)Thu 22-Sep-11 01:22 PM
Charter member
#102656, "We never had that talk!"
In response to Reply #1

I was totally looking forward to have that talk with you! Unfortunatly you were always on the way out when I loged on.

Quite a shame, you seemed interesting.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102557 Previous topic | Next topic