Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliandar Nrshu Teln Imrahdur the Cleanser of Maledictions
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=102557
102557, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Iliandar Nrshu Teln Imrahdur the Cleanser of Maledictions
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Sep 19 11:44:22 2011

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Iliandar perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:healer
Level:39
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:76
102560, What a nightmare empowerment that was ...
Posted by MoetEtChandon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If there's any fault in this, it's likely all mine, things just didn't click. Either I totally didn't understand Twist's religion (very well possible) or I just didn't find a way to match it with what I wanted Ili to be.

That said, that in itself wasn't enough to let me delete Ili, cause boy did I enjoy playing him! I really did. But, time was also a serious issue. I am doing a first aid course, going for two professional certificates and have to finish a very important implementation at work, which is going to require a lot of overtime. On top of that I had a two weeks vacation (great for me, bad for the character) and just now returned from a weekend at Berlin. All of that leaves me with little time to 'breath', let alone play CF, so ... yeah.

Twist,
my sincerest apologies if I made you feel like I was wasting your time, I was trying to give it all, but I just didn't feel it happened. Also, despite having that vacation in between, I honestly don't believe I had experienced a situation that met your criteria better than the Fiam example. And yeah, even I was thinking 'what the hell am I saying', but that conversation had to happen anyway.

Anyone else, uh, lot's of friends and interesting people, so holler and I'll get back to you.

Oh and, asking help (beyond asking for tips/clues) with a quest you couldn't possibly survive/defeat on your own (yet), totally defeats the purpose of such a quest. So, no, not helping you.

See ya,
Thuorn, Thraris, Nian, ...
102562, Yeah, too bad...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think the easiest OOC suggestion I can give to people on Twist's view of Honesty (as opposed to Truth) is to read the Wheel of Time series (at least the first few books) to see how being physically incapable of "speaking no word that is untrue" just really doesn't hinder you at all from being deceitful and completely dishonest.

For instance:

Joebob says "Do you serve the light? Care to travel?"

Neutralguy says "One might say I serve the light. I would love to travel."

All Truth, Zero Honesty.

It seemed like you kinda weren't clicking with that. Sorry it didn't work out between us! Good luck with the next.
102564, Hehe, fun example
Thanks for that. I got the basic idea, I just don't have a clue about how to make a char's lifestyle out of it. Maybe with another incarnation :).
102565, Stay honest!
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Every time you said that when you logged off I pictured you cocking the hand gun at the fortress, saying "stay honest", winking, pulling the trigger, and quitting off. Don't ask me why.
102566, Ha ha har!
Thanks for the laugh. You have a vivid (weird??) imagination.
102654, CF really just needs more cowboys. nt
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
a
102587, RE: Stay honest!
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That gave me a good laugh.
102648, RE: Stay honest!
Posted by The-me on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now imagine him as an elven Buddy Jesus
102650, Ahem.. dwarven buddy jesus *mutters to himself*
Posted by The-me on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
102572, I like that example too
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The way I saw your religion, was that honesty was not only the presentation of truth, but the absence of any deceit whatsoever in your words and actions. 100% disclosure, total forthcoming in all matters. Cannot mislead anyone in any way, shape, or form. Speak your mind and whats on it baby!
102603, trying really hard not to hijack, but thanks for this.
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd love to see other Imm's post some similar things in their Various forms. It's hard when coming up with a role not at least having some basic idea of how the IMM see's things.
102610, The problem is...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
in general things are more fun and better RP'd if these things come from the player (or are figured out by the player in-game).

However, having played a Marcatis paladin, I can empathize with struggling to figure out exactly what your god wants. Marcatis made me feel really dumb. :P
102663, Ditto, totally. n/t
Posted by Wayward Knight on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
102575, Guess I won't yell at you...
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Those real life things tend to pile up and sneak up on you when you
play alot of CF for too long. It's as if you ignoring them in favor
of CF three months ago didn't make them go away after all.
:P
Liked the other characters, liked this one too.

When you get the time, good luck with your next.

102656, We never had that talk!
Posted by Fjodir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was totally looking forward to have that talk with you! Unfortunatly you were always on the way out when I loged on.

Quite a shame, you seemed interesting.