Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurn Rotbeard the Hand of the Unsee..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101577
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 10-Aug-11 04:00 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101577, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurn Rotbeard the Hand of the Unseen, Kingpin of Galadon"

Wed Aug 10 03:57:28 2011

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Ghurn perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:265

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurn Rotbeard the Hand of the U..., Ghurn (Anonymous), 10-Aug-11 12:45 PM, #4
Reply I kinda felt bad viciously ganging you down., TMNS, 10-Aug-11 01:20 PM, #6
Reply Painful, Lohoq (Anonymous), 10-Aug-11 01:46 PM, #7
Reply RE: Painful, Sivyh (Anonymous), 10-Aug-11 02:25 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurn Rotbeard the Hand of the U..., Chulun (Anonymous), 11-Aug-11 03:45 PM, #9
Reply You were a SOB, Zakuun (Anonymous), 10-Aug-11 12:04 PM, #2
Reply RE: You were a SOB, Ghurn (Anonymous), 10-Aug-11 12:30 PM, #3
Reply You were a tough SOB, Allysia (Anonymous), 10-Aug-11 07:23 AM, #1
     Reply RE: You were a tough SOB, Ghurn (Anonymous), 10-Aug-11 12:47 PM, #5

Ghurn (Anonymous)Wed 10-Aug-11 12:45 PM
Charter member
#101582, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurn Rotbeard the Hand of the U..."
In response to Reply #0

I had a role. I just didn't write it.

Instead, I roleplayed the hell out of my roleless character because. Yes, writing a role can be fun. Playing to a written role can be outstanding. But I had just done that and wanted to blow off some steam. I didn't need Immteraction, but I got a little bit. Whoever gave me a last name, thanks!

I tried to walk the fine line between rageresque balsiness and stealth, usually erring on the side of rageresque balsiness. It was fun. I deleted at like 6 or 7 con, so I'm sure I wasn't a total ####.

Most people didn't loot me much or at all. I appreciated that. Those who did, I usually got back. I had good luck like that.

Thanks to everyone who made this character fun, if not memorable.

Rager scouts are completely overpowered in some situations and nearly worthless in a lot of others. I learned tons with this character. I hadn't logged in for a while and decided to finally put him to rest.

I've forgotten nearly everyone at the moment, but if you post, I will reply.

Thanks again.

TMNSWed 10-Aug-11 01:20 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101585, "I kinda felt bad viciously ganging you down."
In response to Reply #4

But then I remembered I just played the Commander

Gotta say that kill you landed on me in Galadon was perfect. Stupid lowbie Blades that later delete after you put time in effort into bitch-ranking them

Good character. You were a good rager. Never stopped coming after me even after I got you a few times.

Oh, and PS. Shadow Disappear FTW!

Lohoq (Anonymous)Wed 10-Aug-11 01:46 PM
Charter member
#101586, "Painful"
In response to Reply #4

You hurt. Plain and simple, the times I would have martial trance up I stood a chance but other than that eating demos on regular hits wasn't fun. I respected you because I know what its like to be the lone villager and it stinks, thank god you had hide. I'd say you'd make a great imperial shadow but then you'd help Sivyh's evil Empire.

Sivyh (Anonymous)Wed 10-Aug-11 02:25 PM
Charter member
#101587, "RE: Painful"
In response to Reply #7

Come to the dark side! Mine; not that other one.

Chulun (Anonymous)Thu 11-Aug-11 03:45 PM
Charter member
#101603, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurn Rotbeard the Hand of the U..."
In response to Reply #4

So how does shadow disappear works? It saved ye duergar arse so many times!

Zakuun (Anonymous)Wed 10-Aug-11 12:04 PM
Charter member
#101579, "You were a SOB"
In response to Reply #0

More frustrating than any single character. You'd knock me out, rob me of my inventory, and run. I'd run into town, you'd run into the galadon guild and hide there until you could logout. I'd login, you'd logout. I know thief wars suck but you were the pinnacle of who I hated for a very long time because you wouldn't fight.

"Bleh"

Ghurn (Anonymous)Wed 10-Aug-11 12:30 PM
Charter member
#101581, "RE: You were a SOB"
In response to Reply #2

I think you're probably giving yourself a little bit too much credit, honestly. I never once logged out because of you (or anyone).

There was one time I can recall where I logged out shortly after robbing you, but it was because I actually had to log out. As a rager, I wasn't supposed to actively hunt you, but you had tried to ambush me over at the island.

It was kind of funny, though, when you just kept yelling that I was a coward because I wouldn't run over to you while you almost certainly were just spamming "garrotte ghurn". I've been angry enough to do that occasionally, but I'm not sure I have.

Allysia (Anonymous)Wed 10-Aug-11 07:23 AM
Charter member
#101578, "You were a tough SOB"
In response to Reply #0

I generally hate dealing with thieves, but you came across as more of a kick ass thief than a steal gang thief.

I know you had it rough in battle as being pretty much alone for so long, shame you're gone since now it seems there are villagers everywhere. Though I'm glad there is one less thief for me to worry about

GLWYN.

Ghurn (Anonymous)Wed 10-Aug-11 12:47 PM
Charter member
#101583, "RE: You were a tough SOB"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks! Had tons of respect for you. I tried to run solo pretty much all the time. I had no trouble landing solo kills because of my combo, despite the fact I was a binder thief. But I never got you. *fistshake*

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101577 Previous topic | Next topic