Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurn Rotbeard the Hand of the Unseen, Kingpin of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101577
101577, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurn Rotbeard the Hand of the Unseen, Kingpin of Galadon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Aug 10 03:57:28 2011

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Ghurn perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:265
101582, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurn Rotbeard the Hand of the Unseen, Kingpin of Galadon
Posted by Ghurn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a role. I just didn't write it.

Instead, I roleplayed the hell out of my roleless character because. Yes, writing a role can be fun. Playing to a written role can be outstanding. But I had just done that and wanted to blow off some steam. I didn't need Immteraction, but I got a little bit. Whoever gave me a last name, thanks!

I tried to walk the fine line between rageresque balsiness and stealth, usually erring on the side of rageresque balsiness. It was fun. I deleted at like 6 or 7 con, so I'm sure I wasn't a total ####.

Most people didn't loot me much or at all. I appreciated that. Those who did, I usually got back. I had good luck like that.

Thanks to everyone who made this character fun, if not memorable.

Rager scouts are completely overpowered in some situations and nearly worthless in a lot of others. I learned tons with this character. I hadn't logged in for a while and decided to finally put him to rest.

I've forgotten nearly everyone at the moment, but if you post, I will reply.

Thanks again.

101585, I kinda felt bad viciously ganging you down.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But then I remembered I just played the Commander :)

Gotta say that kill you landed on me in Galadon was perfect. Stupid lowbie Blades that later delete after you put time in effort into bitch-ranking them :)

Good character. You were a good rager. Never stopped coming after me even after I got you a few times.

Oh, and PS. Shadow Disappear FTW!
101586, Painful
Posted by Lohoq on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You hurt. Plain and simple, the times I would have martial trance up I stood a chance but other than that eating demos on regular hits wasn't fun. I respected you because I know what its like to be the lone villager and it stinks, thank god you had hide. I'd say you'd make a great imperial shadow but then you'd help Sivyh's evil Empire.
101587, RE: Painful
Posted by Sivyh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Come to the dark side! Mine; not that other one.
101603, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Ghurn Rotbeard the Hand of the Unseen, Kingpin of Galadon
Posted by Chulun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So how does shadow disappear works? It saved ye duergar arse so many times!
101579, You were a SOB
Posted by Zakuun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
More frustrating than any single character. You'd knock me out, rob me of my inventory, and run. I'd run into town, you'd run into the galadon guild and hide there until you could logout. I'd login, you'd logout. I know thief wars suck but you were the pinnacle of who I hated for a very long time because you wouldn't fight.

"Bleh"
101581, RE: You were a SOB
I think you're probably giving yourself a little bit too much credit, honestly. I never once logged out because of you (or anyone).

There was one time I can recall where I logged out shortly after robbing you, but it was because I actually had to log out. As a rager, I wasn't supposed to actively hunt you, but you had tried to ambush me over at the island.

It was kind of funny, though, when you just kept yelling that I was a coward because I wouldn't run over to you while you almost certainly were just spamming "garrotte ghurn". I've been angry enough to do that occasionally, but I'm not sure I have.
101578, You were a tough SOB
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I generally hate dealing with thieves, but you came across as more of a kick ass thief than a steal gang thief.

I know you had it rough in battle as being pretty much alone for so long, shame you're gone since now it seems there are villagers everywhere. Though I'm glad there is one less thief for me to worry about :)

GLWYN.
101583, RE: You were a tough SOB
Thanks! Had tons of respect for you. I tried to run solo pretty much all the time. I had no trouble landing solo kills because of my combo, despite the fact I was a binder thief. But I never got you. *fistshake*