Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oednyrr Thalfaersyn the Grand Mast..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101187
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 23-Jul-11 04:00 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17199 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101187, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oednyrr Thalfaersyn the Grand Master of Changelings"

Sat Jul 23 03:59:34 2011

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Oednyrr perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:96

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oednyrr Thalfaersyn the Grand ..., JoeCloud, 28-Jul-11 12:18 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oednyrr Thalfaersyn the Grand ..., Angynn (Anonymous), 26-Jul-11 10:59 AM, #3
Reply From Dios, Evyza (Anonymous), 26-Jul-11 11:53 AM, #4
     Reply People who roll the bones from jaguar make me sad, _Magus_, 26-Jul-11 01:00 PM, #5
     Reply Agreed., Stunna, 26-Jul-11 04:12 PM, #6
     Reply Conversely, if you've spent 100 hours getting to your f..., Vortex Magus, 26-Jul-11 07:03 PM, #8
          Reply jaguar skills are not based on wilds time nt, Rayihn, 26-Jul-11 07:18 PM, #9
               Reply so wait, wilderness time doesn't affect its camouflage ..., Vortex Magus, 27-Jul-11 12:12 PM, #11
               Reply RE: so wait, wilderness time doesn't affect its camoufl..., Daevryn, 27-Jul-11 12:54 PM, #12
                    Reply ok, now I hate life, thanks. (n/t), Vortex Magus, 27-Jul-11 01:00 PM, #13
               Reply Once or twice a year I post something about mechanics. , Stunna, 27-Jul-11 03:49 PM, #14
                    Reply RE: Once or twice a year I post something about mechani..., Daevryn, 27-Jul-11 04:06 PM, #15
                         Reply WOOT! nt, Stunna, 27-Jul-11 07:18 PM, #16
     Reply Probably a throwback to the days when jag was a huge su..., Vladamir, 26-Jul-11 06:05 PM, #7
     Reply Doh! -nt, Angynn (Anonymous), 26-Jul-11 07:43 PM, #10
Reply *chirp*, Evyza (Anonymous), 26-Jul-11 07:22 AM, #2
Reply Seriously, WTF?, Irusan (Anonymous), 23-Jul-11 09:19 AM, #1

JoeCloudThu 28-Jul-11 12:18 PM
Member since 14th Nov 2004
36 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101306, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oednyrr Thalfaersyn the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 28-Jul-11 12:18 PM

I enjoyed ranking and interacting with you a lot. Thanks for your help and the fun times! Sad to see you go.

Angynn (Anonymous)Tue 26-Jul-11 10:59 AM
Charter member
#101215, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oednyrr Thalfaersyn the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #0

I'll second or third the I don't get it. You didn't seem to be upset
with your forms or anything, all the rp I saw out of you was what
fort is supposed to be like. If you care to share it I'd like to
know what caused this.

Evyza (inactive user)Tue 26-Jul-11 11:53 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #3

SUBJECT: Oednyrr deleted

I'll hit the officials when the thread shows.

Bonehead move or forum function error (not sure) but posted on Urushugol's farewell thread on officials, and anonymous posting malfunctioned. Not much for having active chars with past tags, and so ends Oednyrr.

It'd been a long time since I'd played a shifter, and even longer since I'd played a Fortress character. Much like Urushogol, I had very nice sleek locations and didn't take hardly any time at all to locate and collect them -- lucked out there. Forms were a mixed bag. Wound up RTB after receiving the golden jag and received the silverback. Nearly deleted at that time, but glad I didn't. Combined with the komodo and ABS, it was a very workable combination. Far better PVE than PVP, mostly due to lack of lagging skills (as well as probably player PVP skill ).

Anyways, had a great time with allies and enemies alike. Still nice to see classy players, and great interactions.

_Magus_Tue 26-Jul-11 01:00 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#101218, "People who roll the bones from jaguar make me sad"
In response to Reply #4

Especially if you're in Fortress, where you have *3* locations to ambush people. It dodges insanely well for an offensive form, especially if you combine it with one of the dodgy greater enlivens from air, water or defense.

I get it that people have their hearts set on getting a tiger or lion or dire wolf. But people are underrating the jaguar by a lot.

StunnaTue 26-Jul-11 04:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101219, "Agreed."
In response to Reply #5

Also Jaguar responds to wilderness familiarity - so there's an interesting RP angle for the Maran that starts to think and act like a outdoorsy/wildman/survivalist type.

Vortex MagusTue 26-Jul-11 07:02 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#101222, "Conversely, if you've spent 100 hours getting to your f..."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Tue 26-Jul-11 07:03 PM

then exploring for enough points to roll/spin edge, you need hundreds of hours of nothing but sitting in wilderness areas to make the most of your form.

And even then you'll be decidedly mediocre: you won't ever be as dangerous as the best offensive forms unless your enemies walk into your ambush and don't walk away.

RayihnTue 26-Jul-11 07:18 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#101224, "jaguar skills are not based on wilds time nt"
In response to Reply #8

w

Vortex MagusWed 27-Jul-11 12:12 PM
400 posts
#101235, "so wait, wilderness time doesn't affect its camouflage ..."
In response to Reply #9

its always two round lag camouflage no matter what?

DaevrynWed 27-Jul-11 12:54 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#101237, "RE: so wait, wilderness time doesn't affect its camoufl..."
In response to Reply #11

Neither of those things is true.

Vortex MagusWed 27-Jul-11 01:00 PM
400 posts
#101238, "ok, now I hate life, thanks. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #12

x

StunnaWed 27-Jul-11 03:49 PM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#101240, "Once or twice a year I post something about mechanics. "
In response to Reply #9

And I'm always (ALWAYS) wrong. Then I say I won't post about mechanics anymore. But... I do.

Le sigh.

DaevrynWed 27-Jul-11 04:06 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#101241, "RE: Once or twice a year I post something about mechani..."
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Wed 27-Jul-11 04:06 PM

I think at one point your wild time would have been relevant, but it's been a while since I changed it.

Editted to add: To camo speed specifically

StunnaWed 27-Jul-11 07:18 PM
1048 posts
#101247, "WOOT! nt"
In response to Reply #15

t

VladamirTue 26-Jul-11 06:05 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#101220, "Probably a throwback to the days when jag was a huge su..."
In response to Reply #5

It got to the point where if I had a shifter, and I got jag as a final form, I'd delete on the spot. It was that bad.

Angynn (Anonymous)Tue 26-Jul-11 07:43 PM
Charter member
#101227, "Doh! -nt"
In response to Reply #4

No text. You are not reading this, it is not here.

Evyza (inactive user)Tue 26-Jul-11 07:22 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

Aww... I'll miss you! You were a lot of fun to have around and you made everything easier - exploring, ranking, raiding, etc. I thought your forms were good, but I understand why you deleted (as posted on Dio's). Oednyrr was well-roleplayed and a great addition to the Fortress. Good luck with your next!

Irusan (Anonymous)Sat 23-Jul-11 09:19 AM
Charter member
#101189, "Seriously, WTF?"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know why you deleted, you seemed to be doing really well. I don't know what's up with all the people who have been getting inducted, seem to be plugging along perfectly well, then delete. Is there some kind of frustration going around the Squires or something? You seemed really solid, but so did the others.

Am I missing something? I really liked your character.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #101187 Previous topic | Next topic