Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oednyrr Thalfaersyn the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=101187
101187, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oednyrr Thalfaersyn the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jul 23 03:59:34 2011

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Oednyrr perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:96
101306, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oednyrr Thalfaersyn the Grand ...
Posted by JoeCloud on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed ranking and interacting with you a lot. Thanks for your help and the fun times! Sad to see you go. :(
101215, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Oednyrr Thalfaersyn the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll second or third the I don't get it. You didn't seem to be upset
with your forms or anything, all the rp I saw out of you was what
fort is supposed to be like. If you care to share it I'd like to
know what caused this.
101217, From Dios
Posted by Evyza on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
SUBJECT: Oednyrr deleted

I'll hit the officials when the thread shows.

Bonehead move or forum function error (not sure) but posted on Urushugol's farewell thread on officials, and anonymous posting malfunctioned. Not much for having active chars with past tags, and so ends Oednyrr.

It'd been a long time since I'd played a shifter, and even longer since I'd played a Fortress character. Much like Urushogol, I had very nice sleek locations and didn't take hardly any time at all to locate and collect them -- lucked out there. Forms were a mixed bag. Wound up RTB after receiving the golden jag and received the silverback. Nearly deleted at that time, but glad I didn't. Combined with the komodo and ABS, it was a very workable combination. Far better PVE than PVP, mostly due to lack of lagging skills (as well as probably player PVP skill :P).

Anyways, had a great time with allies and enemies alike. Still nice to see classy players, and great interactions.
101218, People who roll the bones from jaguar make me sad
Posted by _Magus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Especially if you're in Fortress, where you have *3* locations to ambush people. It dodges insanely well for an offensive form, especially if you combine it with one of the dodgy greater enlivens from air, water or defense.

I get it that people have their hearts set on getting a tiger or lion or dire wolf. But people are underrating the jaguar by a lot.
101219, Agreed.
Posted by Stunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Also Jaguar responds to wilderness familiarity - so there's an interesting RP angle for the Maran that starts to think and act like a outdoorsy/wildman/survivalist type.
101222, Conversely, if you've spent 100 hours getting to your final forms
Posted by Vortex Magus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
then exploring for enough points to roll/spin edge, you need hundreds of hours of nothing but sitting in wilderness areas to make the most of your form.

And even then you'll be decidedly mediocre: you won't ever be as dangerous as the best offensive forms unless your enemies walk into your ambush and don't walk away.
101224, jaguar skills are not based on wilds time nt
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
w
101235, so wait, wilderness time doesn't affect its camouflage lag?
its always two round lag camouflage no matter what?
101237, RE: so wait, wilderness time doesn't affect its camouflage lag?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Neither of those things is true. :)
101238, ok, now I hate life, thanks. (n/t)
x
101240, Once or twice a year I post something about mechanics.
And I'm always (ALWAYS) wrong. Then I say I won't post about mechanics anymore. But... I do.

Le sigh.
101241, RE: Once or twice a year I post something about mechanics.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think at one point your wild time would have been relevant, but it's been a while since I changed it.

Editted to add: To camo speed specifically
101247, WOOT! nt
t
101220, Probably a throwback to the days when jag was a huge suckfest.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It got to the point where if I had a shifter, and I got jag as a final form, I'd delete on the spot. It was that bad.
101227, Doh! -nt
Posted by Angynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No text. You are not reading this, it is not here.
101212, *chirp*
Posted by Evyza on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww... I'll miss you! You were a lot of fun to have around and you made everything easier - exploring, ranking, raiding, etc. I thought your forms were good, but I understand why you deleted (as posted on Dio's). Oednyrr was well-roleplayed and a great addition to the Fortress. Good luck with your next!
101189, Seriously, WTF?
Posted by Irusan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know why you deleted, you seemed to be doing really well. I don't know what's up with all the people who have been getting inducted, seem to be plugging along perfectly well, then delete. Is there some kind of frustration going around the Squires or something? You seemed really solid, but so did the others.

Am I missing something? I really liked your character.