Subject: "Newly Generated Orcs and Weapons:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #705
Show all folders

ValguarneraWed 03-Aug-05 12:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#705, "Newly Generated Orcs and Weapons:"

Starting next reboot, orcish berserkers will start with some limited proficiency with all weapons, as well as Hand to Hand and Enhanced Damage.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MekantosWed 03-Aug-05 10:39 AM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#708, "Cool, but I have a thought..."
In response to Reply #0

Starting next reboot, orcish berserkers will start with some limited proficiency with all weapons, as well as Hand to Hand and Enhanced Damage.

Other than this being just a "nice thing" to do for orcs, where is the rationale that says that berserkers should get this benefit over other classes? I could definitely see a warrior having some proficiency in all of their weapon skills at level 1, and I could see the same for mages and their respective spells. Just a thought.

ValguarneraWed 03-Aug-05 02:37 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#710, "RE: Cool, but I have a thought..."
In response to Reply #3

Orcs are assumed to have been raised in a savage culture where combat and abuse are the norm. They thus have some amateur-class familiarity with various means of basic combat built into them at a very early age. They're still unlikely to become masters of it (they're still dumb as rocks, and improve slowly).

There were some older proposals about giving orcs an enhanced rate of learning weapons, but then it's much harder to explain why they're good at that but (e.g.) human warriors aren't. This seemed like a sensible way to give berserkers a small boost which made sense within the race.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

LaearristWed 03-Aug-05 08:08 AM
289 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#707, "#### yea!"
In response to Reply #0

My one complaint about the new "rolling" system was going to be that orcs get a bit screwed since they can no longer roll as close to max stats allowing for earlier conversion of trains to practices for weapons. This complaint didn't happen, but you fixed it anyway!

RodriguezWed 03-Aug-05 07:14 AM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#706, "Very good! This gets my seal of approval. =) nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #705 Previous topic | Next topic