Subject: "Role Contests in 2013" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2710
Show all folders

DaevrynFri 28-Dec-12 12:09 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2710, "Role Contests in 2013"

As an experiment, our plan is to take legacies and quest forms off the list of possible RC prizes for the next year.

We reserve the right to make further adjustments at any time depending on how it works out and so on.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Quick Question, Treebeard, 31-Dec-12 02:44 PM, #8
Reply Sounds good, incognito, 30-Dec-12 01:30 PM, #7
Reply I like this., colospgsbryan, 29-Dec-12 12:20 AM, #3
Reply I have such a love/hate relationship with you., TMNS, 28-Dec-12 07:51 PM, #1
     Reply Yup, N b M, 29-Dec-12 12:20 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Yup, Graatch, 29-Dec-12 01:32 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Yup, Daevryn, 29-Dec-12 01:34 PM, #5
                    Reply Accuracy FTW! Ooops, give them scaly skin instead!, TMNS, 30-Dec-12 01:30 PM, #6

TreebeardMon 31-Dec-12 12:51 PM
Member since 12th Oct 2004
268 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2720, "Quick Question"
In response to Reply #0

As a rule (and I get that further adjustments might address this) does this include giving additional 3rd tier or 4th tier forms? IE, do those count as quest forms for this purpose?

Guessing not, but since quest forms have become more common, we haven't seen "normal" forms given as rewards, so I think it'd be neat if they were back on the table.

Shifter power!

incognitoSun 30-Dec-12 10:00 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2719, "Sounds good"
In response to Reply #0

Can we ensure that they're not replaced with anything of equivalent power please? I'd include barrier spell on a level 36 ap in this.

colospgsbryanSat 29-Dec-12 12:13 AM
Member since 28th Feb 2005
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2715, "I like this."
In response to Reply #0

I'm fine with these being RP rewards, but I hate the idea of them being given out because someone can write a good story.

Bryan

TMNSFri 28-Dec-12 07:06 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2713, "I have such a love/hate relationship with you."
In response to Reply #0

Love here though.

Thank you. I think this will (if nothing else) end a decent segment of anger about rewards.

More ardor and puissance quest spells given!

N b MFri 28-Dec-12 08:15 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#2714, "Yup"
In response to Reply #1

More unique skills/spells/skills.

Things that make someone more survivable that they can't normally have with a class.

Or things that really really add to the role and fit.

Super tough rewards for long lived or just uber awesome characters!

GraatchSat 29-Dec-12 03:07 AM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
#2716, "RE: Yup"
In response to Reply #2

I actually would love to see rangers/thieves/mages/communers/etc. get legacies, or warriors/thieves/assassins/etc. get a spell or two. The idea of getting something they could never get on their own is what has always been at the top of my list of how to give out cool rewards.

DaevrynSat 29-Dec-12 01:34 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#2717, "RE: Yup"
In response to Reply #4

>I actually would love to see
>rangers/thieves/mages/communers/etc. get legacies, or

This has happened a time or three, although seeing non-warriors with legacies always made Valg sad.

>warriors/thieves/assassins/etc. get a spell or two.

This probably has happened more often.

That being said, generally speaking, the way our infrastructure is set up, if an ability usually goes to all members of a class (e.g. demonfire, an ability all shamans have), it's prohibitively difficult to give it to a single member of a different class. So it's more unique spells and less cross-class abilities.

TMNSSat 29-Dec-12 05:49 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#2718, "Accuracy FTW! Ooops, give them scaly skin instead!"
In response to Reply #5

Or what about boilblood spell (that may be OP actually...so don't do that).

Or ironskin. Or ferocity. Tons of cool skills/spells you guys up there in IMMland have...let them out more!

Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2710 Previous topic | Next topic