Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Announcements
Topic subjectRole Contests in 2013
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=2710
2710, Role Contests in 2013
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As an experiment, our plan is to take legacies and quest forms off the list of possible RC prizes for the next year.

We reserve the right to make further adjustments at any time depending on how it works out and so on.
2720, Quick Question
Posted by Treebeard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As a rule (and I get that further adjustments might address this) does this include giving additional 3rd tier or 4th tier forms? IE, do those count as quest forms for this purpose?

Guessing not, but since quest forms have become more common, we haven't seen "normal" forms given as rewards, so I think it'd be neat if they were back on the table.

Shifter power!
2719, Sounds good
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can we ensure that they're not replaced with anything of equivalent power please? I'd include barrier spell on a level 36 ap in this.
2715, I like this.
Posted by colospgsbryan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm fine with these being RP rewards, but I hate the idea of them being given out because someone can write a good story.
2713, I have such a love/hate relationship with you.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Love here though.

Thank you. I think this will (if nothing else) end a decent segment of anger about rewards.

More ardor and puissance quest spells given!
2714, Yup
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
More unique skills/spells/skills.

Things that make someone more survivable that they can't normally have with a class.

Or things that really really add to the role and fit.

Super tough rewards for long lived or just uber awesome characters!
2716, RE: Yup
Posted by Graatch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually would love to see rangers/thieves/mages/communers/etc. get legacies, or warriors/thieves/assassins/etc. get a spell or two. The idea of getting something they could never get on their own is what has always been at the top of my list of how to give out cool rewards.
2717, RE: Yup
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I actually would love to see
>rangers/thieves/mages/communers/etc. get legacies, or

This has happened a time or three, although seeing non-warriors with legacies always made Valg sad.

>warriors/thieves/assassins/etc. get a spell or two.

This probably has happened more often.

That being said, generally speaking, the way our infrastructure is set up, if an ability usually goes to all members of a class (e.g. demonfire, an ability all shamans have), it's prohibitively difficult to give it to a single member of a different class. So it's more unique spells and less cross-class abilities.
2718, Accuracy FTW! Ooops, give them scaly skin instead!
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or what about boilblood spell (that may be OP actually...so don't do that).

Or ironskin. Or ferocity. Tons of cool skills/spells you guys up there in IMMland have...let them out more!