Subject: "Possible bug with discern and the balance of magic" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #9739
Show all folders

Nuekar (Guest)Tue 09-Jan-07 12:38 PM

#9739, "Possible bug with discern and the balance of magic"

Right now, discern isn't showing me durations whereas it used to do so.

I can think of two possibilities:

1. Discern was changed as of the last reboot.
2. When magic is at its weakest, discern doesn't work well. This seems like it's opposite of how it should be, if indeed discern is affected by the strength of magic. I've been testing this when spellbane gave me -34 save vs spell at hero, which is the weakest I've seen magic.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply By design:, Daevryn, 09-Jan-07 12:51 PM, #1
     Reply Aside:, Daevryn, 09-Jan-07 12:52 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Aside:, Graatchman (Guest), 09-Jan-07 11:03 PM, #3
          Reply This little multi personality conversation cracks me up..., Hah (Guest), 10-Jan-07 12:12 AM, #4
               Reply We're all laughing, Daevryn, 10-Jan-07 02:08 PM, #5
               Reply RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks m..., Graatchman (Guest), 10-Jan-07 02:56 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks m..., Zulghinlour, 10-Jan-07 02:56 PM, #7
                         Reply RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks m..., Q at Work (Guest), 10-Jan-07 04:54 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks m..., Valguarnera, 10-Jan-07 03:22 PM, #9
                         Reply RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks m..., Hah ha (Guest), 10-Jan-07 04:54 PM, #10
                              Reply RE: Yoshimi-ism:, Valguarnera, 10-Jan-07 06:33 PM, #12
                         Reply I'm laughing with you too. Or maybe I'm offended. I'm s..., Nuekar (Guest), 10-Jan-07 04:54 PM, #11

DaevrynTue 09-Jan-07 12:51 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9740, "By design:"
In response to Reply #0

#2 is what's happening.

In general, the weaker magic is, the better Battle's powers work. Discern Spell is an exception to the rule and goes the opposite way -- when magic is very, very weak, it's also very hard to discern. When magic is very strong, it's also very easy to see.

DaevrynTue 09-Jan-07 12:52 PM
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9741, "Aside:"
In response to Reply #1

When magic is that weak, some awfully cool things can happen with spellbane. I haven't personally witnessed any of them in actual play, though.

Graatchman (Guest)Tue 09-Jan-07 03:04 PM

#9742, "RE: Aside:"
In response to Reply #2

By the way, I noticed with Azilaph that the echoes seem to be wrong. Battle gets the blue "you are happy" message when the veil *thins* and the red "you are unhappy" message when the veil thickens, but it has been explained that it should be the reverse, that a thicker veil means less magic here, which is what battle is working for. Right? Might want to switch those.

Hah (Guest)Tue 09-Jan-07 11:23 PM

#9748, "This little multi personality conversation cracks me up..."
In response to Reply #2

DaevrynWed 10-Jan-07 02:08 PM
11117 posts
#9755, "We're all laughing"
In response to Reply #4

But probably not for the same reason.

Graatchman (Guest)Wed 10-Jan-07 02:30 PM

#9757, "RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks m..."
In response to Reply #4

I'm sure I'm missing something, but... huh? I don't get it.

I'm not Nueker, if that's what you were suggesting.

ZulghinlourWed 10-Jan-07 02:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
#9758, "RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks m..."
In response to Reply #6

>I'm sure I'm missing something, but... huh? I don't get it.
>
>I'm not Nueker, if that's what you were suggesting.

I'm pretty sure he thinks Daevryn is Nueker...which makes me laugh.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Q at Work (Guest)Wed 10-Jan-07 02:58 PM

#9759, "RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks m..."
In response to Reply #7

>>I'm sure I'm missing something, but... huh? I don't get
>it.
>>
>>I'm not Nueker, if that's what you were suggesting.
>
>I'm pretty sure he thinks Daevryn is Nueker...which makes me
>laugh.

No, he's laughing because Daevryn is replying to himself.

ValguarneraWed 10-Jan-07 03:22 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9760, "RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks m..."
In response to Reply #7

>I'm sure I'm missing something, but... huh? I don't get it.
>
>I'm not Nueker, if that's what you were suggesting.

I'm pretty sure he thinks Daevryn is Nueker...which makes me laugh.

Or that Daevryn is Graatch. Ever seen them photographed together? I rest my case.

Maybe I'll get confirmation during my daily phone calls with Yoshimi.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Hah ha (Guest)Wed 10-Jan-07 03:58 PM

#9761, "RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks m..."
In response to Reply #9

I would post the link where you are also blatantly denying that Cabdru was played by nep, asking why any idiot would think that and that its not possible and then telling whoever it was that posted it they are stupid for thinking such and don't know what they are talking about.

But we both know that it would just get deleted.

Or maybe post all the various reply's to people asking questions or stating something where instead of coming anywhere near to answering the question you toss out a red harring or attack the person's credability and then the statement is completely forgotten about and said ploy worked with excellence.

You can lie to everyone else, but in the end if you lie to yourself you are just a sad little man. Maybe Nuekar isn't played by Nep, but that doesn't change the fact that you are a piece.

ValguarneraWed 10-Jan-07 06:33 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9764, "RE: Yoshimi-ism:"
In response to Reply #10

As far as I know, you've previously been removed from these forums (not originally by me, but I'm happy with the decision), IRC ( http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=843&page= ), and Dioxide's ( http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=842&page= ) for making stuff like the above Neukar stuff up. It's kind of a common view that you have a little conspiracy-in-your-head problem.

So please stop finding new ways to waste people's time on CF's various forums. All we ask!

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Nuekar (Guest)Wed 10-Jan-07 04:28 PM

#9762, "I'm laughing with you too. Or maybe I'm offended. I'm s..."
In response to Reply #7

>I'm pretty sure he thinks Daevryn is Nueker...which makes me
>laugh.

I guess I'll have to take Hah's assumption as a compliment and yours as an insult. Unless Hah is onto my little scheme, in which case I'm cackling and rubbing my hands together mischievously.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #9739 Previous topic | Next topic