Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectPossible bug with discern and the balance of magic
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=9739
9739, Possible bug with discern and the balance of magic
Posted by Nuekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Right now, discern isn't showing me durations whereas it used to do so.

I can think of two possibilities:

1. Discern was changed as of the last reboot.
2. When magic is at its weakest, discern doesn't work well. This seems like it's opposite of how it should be, if indeed discern is affected by the strength of magic. I've been testing this when spellbane gave me -34 save vs spell at hero, which is the weakest I've seen magic.
9740, By design:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
#2 is what's happening.

In general, the weaker magic is, the better Battle's powers work. Discern Spell is an exception to the rule and goes the opposite way -- when magic is very, very weak, it's also very hard to discern. When magic is very strong, it's also very easy to see.
9741, Aside:
When magic is that weak, some awfully cool things can happen with spellbane. I haven't personally witnessed any of them in actual play, though.
9742, RE: Aside:
Posted by Graatchman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
By the way, I noticed with Azilaph that the echoes seem to be wrong. Battle gets the blue "you are happy" message when the veil *thins* and the red "you are unhappy" message when the veil thickens, but it has been explained that it should be the reverse, that a thicker veil means less magic here, which is what battle is working for. Right? Might want to switch those.
9748, This little multi personality conversation cracks me up.
Posted by Hah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
9755, We're all laughing
But probably not for the same reason. }(
9757, RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks me up.
Posted by Graatchman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sure I'm missing something, but... huh? I don't get it.

I'm not Nueker, if that's what you were suggesting.
9758, RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks me up.
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I'm sure I'm missing something, but... huh? I don't get it.
>
>I'm not Nueker, if that's what you were suggesting.

I'm pretty sure he thinks Daevryn is Nueker...which makes me laugh.
9759, RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks me up.
Posted by Q at Work on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>I'm sure I'm missing something, but... huh? I don't get
>it.
>>
>>I'm not Nueker, if that's what you were suggesting.
>
>I'm pretty sure he thinks Daevryn is Nueker...which makes me
>laugh.

No, he's laughing because Daevryn is replying to himself.
9760, RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks me up.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I'm sure I'm missing something, but... huh? I don't get it.
>
>I'm not Nueker, if that's what you were suggesting.

I'm pretty sure he thinks Daevryn is Nueker...which makes me laugh.

Or that Daevryn is Graatch. Ever seen them photographed together? I rest my case.

Maybe I'll get confirmation during my daily phone calls with Yoshimi.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
9761, RE: This little multi personality conversation cracks me up.
Posted by Hah ha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would post the link where you are also blatantly denying that Cabdru was played by nep, asking why any idiot would think that and that its not possible and then telling whoever it was that posted it they are stupid for thinking such and don't know what they are talking about.

But we both know that it would just get deleted.

Or maybe post all the various reply's to people asking questions or stating something where instead of coming anywhere near to answering the question you toss out a red harring or attack the person's credability and then the statement is completely forgotten about and said ploy worked with excellence.

You can lie to everyone else, but in the end if you lie to yourself you are just a sad little man. Maybe Nuekar isn't played by Nep, but that doesn't change the fact that you are a piece.
9764, RE: Yoshimi-ism:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As far as I know, you've previously been removed from these forums (not originally by me, but I'm happy with the decision), IRC ( http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=843&page= ), and Dioxide's ( http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=25&topic_id=433&mesg_id=842&page= ) for making stuff like the above Neukar stuff up. It's kind of a common view that you have a little conspiracy-in-your-head problem.

So please stop finding new ways to waste people's time on CF's various forums. All we ask!

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
9762, I'm laughing with you too. Or maybe I'm offended. I'm so confused!
Posted by Nuekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I'm pretty sure he thinks Daevryn is Nueker...which makes me
>laugh.

I guess I'll have to take Hah's assumption as a compliment and yours as an insult. Unless Hah is onto my little scheme, in which case I'm cackling and rubbing my hands together mischievously.