Subject: "Caverndweller's waylay in natural terrain" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #9342
Show all folders

Krynna (Guest)Sat 04-Nov-06 05:42 AM

#9342, "Caverndweller's waylay in natural terrain"

I've already tried to post it on Rangers board, but either did something wrong or it was ignored.

I am 95% positive caverndweller's waylay in natural terrain is either checking it as 'ambush onslaught cripple' instead of just 'ambush dive' (with corresponding HUGE decrease in chances to hit) or simply broken in some other wierd way.

It is missing ALL the time (at least in all PK situations I had) while in any other terrain I don't think I've missed single waylay.

Could you please, please, please have a look at it?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynSat 04-Nov-06 08:36 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9343, "Not a bug."
In response to Reply #0

Doublechecked, and no, it's diving all right. That's got its upsides and downsides, and one of the downsides is, yes, a chance to miss.

Krynna (Guest)Mon 06-Nov-06 02:45 AM

#9346, "Sorry"
In response to Reply #1

I am sorry if I sound too insisting but was some testing with numbers involved when you checked it? Like taking ranger and target and trying to waylay target X times and see success rate? (I am ready to assist in this BTW if it is needed)

Because as it is I haven't hit a SINGLE time with waylay in caverns so far (on PCs, working on NPCs 100% of the time). I can assume, of course, that RNG simply hates me, but it is very unprobable.

On the other hand, if you are supposed to miss like 90% of times with waylay in your natural terrain, then I think it is actually a major downside of the combo, rather then an advantage...

Thank you.

DaevrynMon 06-Nov-06 01:19 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9348, "RE: Sorry"
In response to Reply #2

I've played caveranger, so yes.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #9342 Previous topic | Next topic