Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectCaverndweller's waylay in natural terrain
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=9342
9342, Caverndweller's waylay in natural terrain
Posted by Krynna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've already tried to post it on Rangers board, but either did something wrong or it was ignored.

I am 95% positive caverndweller's waylay in natural terrain is either checking it as 'ambush onslaught cripple' instead of just 'ambush dive' (with corresponding HUGE decrease in chances to hit) or simply broken in some other wierd way.

It is missing ALL the time (at least in all PK situations I had) while in any other terrain I don't think I've missed single waylay.

Could you please, please, please have a look at it?
9343, Not a bug.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Doublechecked, and no, it's diving all right. That's got its upsides and downsides, and one of the downsides is, yes, a chance to miss.
9346, Sorry
Posted by Krynna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am sorry if I sound too insisting but was some testing with numbers involved when you checked it? Like taking ranger and target and trying to waylay target X times and see success rate? (I am ready to assist in this BTW if it is needed)

Because as it is I haven't hit a SINGLE time with waylay in caverns so far (on PCs, working on NPCs 100% of the time). I can assume, of course, that RNG simply hates me, but it is very unprobable.

On the other hand, if you are supposed to miss like 90% of times with waylay in your natural terrain, then I think it is actually a major downside of the combo, rather then an advantage...

Thank you.
9348, RE: Sorry
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've played caveranger, so yes.