Subject: "Martial Trance + Dam Redux" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #8214
Show all folders

PragmaticFri 23-Dec-05 09:07 AM
Member since 23rd Dec 2005
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8214, "Martial Trance + Dam Redux"

I remember someone (nepenthe?) mentioning that Martial Trance wouldn't play well with other damage reduction methods, but I wonder if some of the methods were overlooked.

I know that it stacks with bard resist, I believe it also stacks with sanctuary, and I know it stacks with villager resist.

I hit a felar assassin berserker the other day with a wasp-blade (flaming weapon) and did an 'injure', my damroll was around 34. It just seems a bit overpowered when it stacks with all the rest of this stuff, otherwise it's a great skill.

Broken or by design?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheSun 25-Dec-05 01:50 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8220, "RE: Martial Trance + Dam Redux"
In response to Reply #0

>I remember someone (nepenthe?) mentioning that Martial Trance
>wouldn't play well with other damage reduction methods, but I
>wonder if some of the methods were overlooked.

Nope!

>I know that it stacks with bard resist, I believe it also
>stacks with sanctuary, and I know it stacks with villager
>resist.

Stacks is an imprecise term. Can you have all that stuff up with MT? Sure! Is it all doing something? Yup! Is it all working at anything like full power? No.

>I hit a felar assassin berserker the other day with a
>wasp-blade (flaming weapon) and did an 'injure', my damroll
>was around 34. It just seems a bit overpowered when it stacks
>with all the rest of this stuff, otherwise it's a great
>skill.

Note that there are at least half a dozen different resist fire items in the game. It's rare that I see a hero-range felar (i.e., one high enough level for MT) that isn't resistant to fire, unless they died within the last hour or so. (Same goes for fire giants and cold resist.) It wouldn't surprise me if you do crappy damage to someone who's resistant to your weapon.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #8214 Previous topic | Next topic