Subject: "Mobs vs. Assassin skills" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #5281
Show all folders

An (Guest)Wed 14-Jul-04 02:51 PM

#5281, "Mobs vs. Assassin skills"

Mobs win. I'm betting this is a bug, but I guess it could be an interesting design:
I tigerclaw, the bard mob sings. I tigerclaw, the mage mob casts. I get a crunchy kanset, the mob drops a 2-handed weapon (no problem). I crunchy kanset, the mob smashes my face in with his one-handed weapon, so I crunchy koteg, and the mob keeps on keepin on with his one-handed weapon.
Could it be that this is meant to happen? It keeps happening, so I'm sure I could make a log of it if you want one, I just forgot to save a copy is why there isn't one here.

Thanks for looking into it, I appreciate the time/effort.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraWed 04-Aug-04 10:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5460, "One bug per post."
In response to Reply #0

I tigerclaw, the bard mob sings. I tigerclaw, the mage mob casts.

By design. NPCs don't take intelligent counteraction to skills like this, and if we allowed Tiger Claw to fully work, it would make most mage mobs a pushover.

I get a crunchy kanset, the mob drops a 2-handed weapon (no problem). I crunchy kanset, the mob smashes my face in with his one-handed weapon, so I crunchy koteg, and the mob keeps on keepin on with his one-handed weapon.

NPC weapon wielding is not effected by strength loss. A broken wrist can remove a two-handed weapon, however. By design.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Jaded RangerThu 05-Aug-04 01:59 PM
Member since 21st Jul 2004
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5474, "RE: One bug per post."
In response to Reply #1

I think the problem described here is that breaking both a wrist and an elbow (shoulder?) with both kotegaeshi and kansetsuaza still does not make the NPC drop a one-handed weapon, where maybe they should be. Or maybe they shouldn't, I don't play assassins enough to know for sure which are the effects of a broken wrist and elbow (shoulder?), but I seem to remember having assassins strip both of my weapons through kot/kan without dropping my stats due to gear enhancements.

ValguarneraThu 05-Aug-04 02:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
#5475, "RE: One bug per post."
In response to Reply #2

I don't play assassins enough to know for sure which are the effects of a broken wrist and elbow (shoulder?), but I seem to remember having assassins strip both of my weapons through kot/kan without dropping my stats due to gear enhancements.

Those skills will only make you lose your primary wield through strength loss.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #5281 Previous topic | Next topic