Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectMobs vs. Assassin skills
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=5281
5281, Mobs vs. Assassin skills
Posted by An on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mobs win. I'm betting this is a bug, but I guess it could be an interesting design:
I tigerclaw, the bard mob sings. I tigerclaw, the mage mob casts. I get a crunchy kanset, the mob drops a 2-handed weapon (no problem). I crunchy kanset, the mob smashes my face in with his one-handed weapon, so I crunchy koteg, and the mob keeps on keepin on with his one-handed weapon.
Could it be that this is meant to happen? It keeps happening, so I'm sure I could make a log of it if you want one, I just forgot to save a copy is why there isn't one here.

Thanks for looking into it, I appreciate the time/effort.
5460, One bug per post.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tigerclaw, the bard mob sings. I tigerclaw, the mage mob casts.

By design. NPCs don't take intelligent counteraction to skills like this, and if we allowed Tiger Claw to fully work, it would make most mage mobs a pushover.

I get a crunchy kanset, the mob drops a 2-handed weapon (no problem). I crunchy kanset, the mob smashes my face in with his one-handed weapon, so I crunchy koteg, and the mob keeps on keepin on with his one-handed weapon.

NPC weapon wielding is not effected by strength loss. A broken wrist can remove a two-handed weapon, however. By design.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
5474, RE: One bug per post.
Posted by Jaded Ranger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think the problem described here is that breaking both a wrist and an elbow (shoulder?) with both kotegaeshi and kansetsuaza still does not make the NPC drop a one-handed weapon, where maybe they should be. Or maybe they shouldn't, I don't play assassins enough to know for sure which are the effects of a broken wrist and elbow (shoulder?), but I seem to remember having assassins strip both of my weapons through kot/kan without dropping my stats due to gear enhancements.
5475, RE: One bug per post.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't play assassins enough to know for sure which are the effects of a broken wrist and elbow (shoulder?), but I seem to remember having assassins strip both of my weapons through kot/kan without dropping my stats due to gear enhancements.

Those skills will only make you lose your primary wield through strength loss.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com