Subject: "male ladies" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #491
Show all folders

IsildurSat 19-Apr-03 08:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#491, "male ladies"
Edited on Sun 20-Apr-03 12:29 AM

The "lady rangers" in the Emerald Forest can be male.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

YanorethSun 20-Apr-03 12:30 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
896 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#493, "RE: male ladies"
In response to Reply #0

I just looked through all the "lady rangers" in Emerald, and they are all female. Is it possible the sex confusion was encoded in the command you were using on them? Mind posting a log?

IsildurSun 20-Apr-03 12:39 AM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#494, "RE: male ladies"
In response to Reply #1

It was my transmuter groupmate casting on them. Unfortunately I'm not sure what spell. Check the "third-person view" failure & success echoes for soften, decalcify and metabolic slowing. One of them used the word "his" to refer to the spell target.

I think it *might* have been the lady ranger over near the entrance to the ranger's guild there, just in case she's a different mob type from the others.

ValguarneraSun 20-Apr-03 02:23 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#501, "RE: male ladies"
In response to Reply #2

It was my transmuter groupmate casting on them. Unfortunately I'm not sure what spell. Check the "third-person view" failure & success echoes for soften, decalcify and metabolic slowing. One of them used the word "his" to refer to the spell target.

Nope. I double checked all the appropriate files, and the Yanoreth Male Pronoun Patrol is ahead of you here.

I think it *might* have been the lady ranger over near the entrance to the ranger's guild there, just in case she's a different mob type from the others.

I checked every NPC from the area, and all the rangers are properly gendered in the area file. It's possible, though odd, that something in the game caused this, but for now I can't find jack.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

IsildurSun 20-Apr-03 04:22 PM
5969 posts
#511, "RE: male ladies"
In response to Reply #3

Huh. Weird. I'll go kill some more and see if I can't reproduce what I saw.

btw, did my other Emerald Forest posts go through? I posted them a different way and had an afterthought that it might not have worked.

ValguarneraSun 20-Apr-03 08:10 PM
6904 posts
#513, "RE: male ladies"
In response to Reply #4

btw, did my other Emerald Forest posts go through? I posted them a different way and had an afterthought that it might not have worked.

Nothing else in the queue by your name, or about Emerald. I hereby proclaim that this different way is heresy.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #491 Previous topic | Next topic