Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectmale ladies
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=491
491, male ladies
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The "lady rangers" in the Emerald Forest can be male.
493, RE: male ladies
Posted by Yanoreth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just looked through all the "lady rangers" in Emerald, and they are all female. Is it possible the sex confusion was encoded in the command you were using on them? Mind posting a log?
494, RE: male ladies
It was my transmuter groupmate casting on them. Unfortunately I'm not sure what spell. Check the "third-person view" failure & success echoes for soften, decalcify and metabolic slowing. One of them used the word "his" to refer to the spell target.

I think it *might* have been the lady ranger over near the entrance to the ranger's guild there, just in case she's a different mob type from the others.
501, RE: male ladies
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was my transmuter groupmate casting on them. Unfortunately I'm not sure what spell. Check the "third-person view" failure & success echoes for soften, decalcify and metabolic slowing. One of them used the word "his" to refer to the spell target.

Nope. I double checked all the appropriate files, and the Yanoreth Male Pronoun Patrol is ahead of you here.

I think it *might* have been the lady ranger over near the entrance to the ranger's guild there, just in case she's a different mob type from the others.

I checked every NPC from the area, and all the rangers are properly gendered in the area file. It's possible, though odd, that something in the game caused this, but for now I can't find jack.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
511, RE: male ladies
Huh. Weird. I'll go kill some more and see if I can't reproduce what I saw.

btw, did my other Emerald Forest posts go through? I posted them a different way and had an afterthought that it might not have worked.
513, RE: male ladies
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
btw, did my other Emerald Forest posts go through? I posted them a different way and had an afterthought that it might not have worked.

Nothing else in the queue by your name, or about Emerald. I hereby proclaim that this different way is heresy.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com