Subject: "forum bug" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #3535
Show all folders

IsildurMon 19-Jan-04 11:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3535, "forum bug"

...or else I'm on crack.

I keep getting spontaneously subscribed to certain forums (most recently the Battlefield) without having subscribed manually. So then I get periodic emails about new posts until I come back and unsubscribe.

It's happened multiple times, so either I'm repeatedly doing it by accident or there's something fishy going on. I don't recall if the offending forum is always the Battlefield.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

YanorethMon 19-Jan-04 11:16 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
896 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3536, "There's a subscription link you might be clicking"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 19-Jan-04 11:17 AM

Across the top below the buttons for Mark All/User Menu and such, you then have a line showing the path to the forum: Top->General Discussions->Battlefield.

Just below that is the line that I suspect is causing your subscription problems. It shows such things as collapsing topics, linear discussion mode being disabled, and "show all available topics". There is also a link entitled "Subscribe to this forum."

The other way to subscribe (or unsubscribe) to forums is through the user menu. I could disable the subscription link inside the forum if it is causing problems for folks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #3535 Previous topic | Next topic