Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectforum bug
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=3535
3535, forum bug
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...or else I'm on crack.

I keep getting spontaneously subscribed to certain forums (most recently the Battlefield) without having subscribed manually. So then I get periodic emails about new posts until I come back and unsubscribe.

It's happened multiple times, so either I'm repeatedly doing it by accident or there's something fishy going on. I don't recall if the offending forum is always the Battlefield.
3536, There's a subscription link you might be clicking
Posted by Yanoreth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Across the top below the buttons for Mark All/User Menu and such, you then have a line showing the path to the forum: Top->General Discussions->Battlefield.

Just below that is the line that I suspect is causing your subscription problems. It shows such things as collapsing topics, linear discussion mode being disabled, and "show all available topics". There is also a link entitled "Subscribe to this forum."

The other way to subscribe (or unsubscribe) to forums is through the user menu. I could disable the subscription link inside the forum if it is causing problems for folks.