Subject: "Wraithform and dispel magic" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #23542
Show all folders

Necro (Anonymous)Mon 18-Jan-21 07:48 PM
Charter member
#23542, "Wraithform and dispel magic"

Hello.

I've been thinking for a good while before posting it here, and not on the gameplay forum. But since I have an active character, it would nto be good to discuss it there.

I did a massive research on wraithform dispelling, and found that there is definitely a bug in it. No other spells may be dispelled with 99,99% probability. I couldn't find logs before edges were implemented (spectral adept, spectral master) but I am positive that during their implementation something has happened. My guess - wraithform was weakened for players to pick those edges. Due to their crazy high price, it will not happen, and wraithform remains broken.

Now, some statistics across several necromancers:

Level 47: 31 dispel magic, 31 times dispelled (100%);
Level 51: our of 202 dispels, 197 dispelled (97,5% probability).

Level of dispeller is IGNORED totally. Level 35 dispel magic will dispel with similar probability (out of about 40 times, only two failures).

I am sure there is a mistake in the formula of the wraithform. Maybe a zero is missed, maybe . is in the wrong place, maybe something else is being ignored/broken. Please take a look, it can't work like that.

This is absolutely similar for spectres, mummies and wights. Spectral master improves it slightly, I had it once, but I would say it decreases chance from 97,5% to 85%, which is still crazy).

To test it, I suggest you to create an item with level 1 dispel magic and use it on level 51 wraithform. I am quite sure it will work with the same probability.

Once more sorry for posting it here and not on the gameplay forum. Beg you to take a look into it and hope this text will be snipped.

Thank you, have a good day/night/week/weekend

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IshuliFri 11-Jun-21 05:02 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2260 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23772, "Could not reproduce."
In response to Reply #0

Tested and it didn't work 100% of the time.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #23542 Previous topic | Next topic