Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectWraithform and dispel magic
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=23542
23542, Wraithform and dispel magic
Posted by Necro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hello.

I've been thinking for a good while before posting it here, and not on the gameplay forum. But since I have an active character, it would nto be good to discuss it there.

I did a massive research on wraithform dispelling, and found that there is definitely a bug in it. No other spells may be dispelled with 99,99% probability. I couldn't find logs before edges were implemented (spectral adept, spectral master) but I am positive that during their implementation something has happened. My guess - wraithform was weakened for players to pick those edges. Due to their crazy high price, it will not happen, and wraithform remains broken.

Now, some statistics across several necromancers:

Level 47: 31 dispel magic, 31 times dispelled (100%);
Level 51: our of 202 dispels, 197 dispelled (97,5% probability).

Level of dispeller is IGNORED totally. Level 35 dispel magic will dispel with similar probability (out of about 40 times, only two failures).

I am sure there is a mistake in the formula of the wraithform. Maybe a zero is missed, maybe . is in the wrong place, maybe something else is being ignored/broken. Please take a look, it can't work like that.

This is absolutely similar for spectres, mummies and wights. Spectral master improves it slightly, I had it once, but I would say it decreases chance from 97,5% to 85%, which is still crazy).

To test it, I suggest you to create an item with level 1 dispel magic and use it on level 51 wraithform. I am quite sure it will work with the same probability.

Once more sorry for posting it here and not on the gameplay forum. Beg you to take a look into it and hope this text will be snipped.

Thank you, have a good day/night/week/weekend :)
23772, Could not reproduce.
Posted by Ishuli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tested and it didn't work 100% of the time.