Subject: "Suicide when in form" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #19827
Show all folders

diamondback (Guest)Sat 27-Oct-12 07:53 PM

#19827, "Suicide when in form"

I was in form and stumbled into a red mold giving me a 30 hour forget. Without having enough mana to remain in form that long, and not wanting to prolong the inevitable, I decided to suicide.

(How does an animal commit suicide anyway?)

When I came back, this is what I saw:

The corpse of a diamondback rattlesnake is crumpled over a small dagger held in its paw.

A snake holding a dagger in its paw?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply By (bad?) design., Daevryn, 11-Nov-12 09:09 PM, #1
     Reply RE: By (bad?) design., Kalageadon, 12-Nov-12 09:26 PM, #2
     Reply RE: By (bad?) design., Daevryn, 12-Nov-12 09:26 PM, #4
          Reply ok, Dallevian, 08-Dec-12 08:23 PM, #5
          Reply RE: By (bad?) design., Kalageadon, 08-Dec-12 08:23 PM, #6
          Reply RE: By (bad?) design., Kalageadon, 08-Dec-12 07:56 PM, #7
     Reply Idea., SuperIsisMan, 08-Dec-12 08:23 PM, #3
     Reply Equal rights for hara-kiri. I will picket. NT, TMNS, 08-Dec-12 07:56 PM, #8

DaevrynSun 11-Nov-12 09:09 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19847, "By (bad?) design."
In response to Reply #0

I can't think of what a reasonable animal suicide description should be, and if anything I'm inclined to just disallow suicide from shifted characters entirely.

KalageadonMon 12-Nov-12 07:00 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19853, "RE: By (bad?) design."
In response to Reply #1

The corpse of a diamondback rattlesnake lies here with two small, self inflicted, puncture wounds oozing coagulated blood and venom.

DaevrynMon 12-Nov-12 09:26 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#19856, "RE: By (bad?) design."
In response to Reply #2

I'm also not coming up with an echo for every shifter form.

Even if someone else did I would have zero interest in implementing it.

DallevianMon 12-Nov-12 10:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#19857, "ok"
In response to Reply #4

Motes of pure magic hang in the air yet do little to distract you from the explosion of blood and gore from the carcass of shapeshifterform.

flag it with a magical aura pink flag similar to detect artifact's flag for character's that have detect magic up. you know, for style.

and if you can, make up a room echo for when the suicide happens of the shapeshifter gathering magic to the point of instability and blowing up.

KalageadonTue 13-Nov-12 05:50 AM
1049 posts
#19858, "RE: By (bad?) design."
In response to Reply #4

Sorry, I don't know the work involved with IMP stuff. Was just trying to help. FWIW I still think you guys do a fantastic job.

KalageadonFri 23-Nov-12 07:53 PM
1049 posts
#19863, "RE: By (bad?) design."
In response to Reply #4

The corpse of a <shifter> lies here with numerous, self inflicted, wounds oozing coagulated blood.

Generic

SuperIsisManMon 12-Nov-12 09:12 PM
Member since 22nd Nov 2008
47 posts
#19855, "Idea."
In response to Reply #1

XXX lies here in a pool of blood having chewed its tongue off and bled to death.

I can't think of a form that doesn't have a tongue, if that's the case, this could work for all of them.

or you could go with XXX lies here frozen in a state of shock having looked into the face of Nimbus and died instantly.

TMNSSun 02-Dec-12 12:51 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#19871, "Equal rights for hara-kiri. I will picket. NT"
In response to Reply #1

NT

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #19827 Previous topic | Next topic