Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectSuicide when in form
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=19827
19827, Suicide when in form
Posted by diamondback on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was in form and stumbled into a red mold giving me a 30 hour forget. Without having enough mana to remain in form that long, and not wanting to prolong the inevitable, I decided to suicide.

(How does an animal commit suicide anyway?)

When I came back, this is what I saw:

The corpse of a diamondback rattlesnake is crumpled over a small dagger held in its paw.

A snake holding a dagger in its paw?
19847, By (bad?) design.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't think of what a reasonable animal suicide description should be, and if anything I'm inclined to just disallow suicide from shifted characters entirely.
19853, RE: By (bad?) design.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

The corpse of a diamondback rattlesnake lies here with two small, self inflicted, puncture wounds oozing coagulated blood and venom.
19856, RE: By (bad?) design.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm also not coming up with an echo for every shifter form. :P

Even if someone else did I would have zero interest in implementing it.
19857, ok
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Motes of pure magic hang in the air yet do little to distract you from the explosion of blood and gore from the carcass of shapeshifterform.

flag it with a magical aura pink flag similar to detect artifact's flag for character's that have detect magic up. you know, for style.

and if you can, make up a room echo for when the suicide happens of the shapeshifter gathering magic to the point of instability and blowing up.
19858, RE: By (bad?) design.
Sorry, I don't know the work involved with IMP stuff. Was just trying to help. FWIW I still think you guys do a fantastic job.

19863, RE: By (bad?) design.
The corpse of a <shifter> lies here with numerous, self inflicted, wounds oozing coagulated blood.

Generic
19855, Idea.
Posted by SuperIsisMan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
XXX lies here in a pool of blood having chewed its tongue off and bled to death.

I can't think of a form that doesn't have a tongue, if that's the case, this could work for all of them.

or you could go with XXX lies here frozen in a state of shock having looked into the face of Nimbus and died instantly.
19871, Equal rights for hara-kiri. I will picket. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT