Subject: "Avoid + Edges" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #17309
Show all folders

Monk (Guest)Mon 12-Oct-09 09:01 PM

#17309, "Avoid + Edges"

Question is specifically regarding avoid + zombie fighter edge. I've noticed absolutely no difference in tanking zombies with this edge (in other words, still lousy).

I did see that the helpfile specifically mentions parry, but considering the description of the edge (it pretty much describes avoid perfectly) it would make sense to apply to avoid too.

Oversight maybe? Or is RNG kicking my ass again, and it already works?

If this is an oversight, it might apply to other means of helping "defenses" generically, if they only consider shield block/parry/dodge as a "defense". Essence of temperance, haste, whatever else. Just a thought.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourMon 12-Oct-09 09:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17310, "Zombie Fighter = Parry (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Monk (Guest)Mon 12-Oct-09 09:59 PM

#17312, "I figured, but.."
In response to Reply #1

Is there any reason for that? I mean, per the help file and the short edge description (You are skilled at avoiding the predictable attacks of non-sentient undead.) it makes sense that it would apply to Avoid as well.

And considering monks are the only paladin that don't use parry, and this edge came out before monks existed, it seems only logical that it would apply. I doubt it would make anything unbalanced.

ZulghinlourMon 12-Oct-09 10:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17313, "I'll defer to team edge on this one (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #17309 Previous topic | Next topic