Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectAvoid + Edges
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=17309
17309, Avoid + Edges
Posted by Monk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Question is specifically regarding avoid + zombie fighter edge. I've noticed absolutely no difference in tanking zombies with this edge (in other words, still lousy).

I did see that the helpfile specifically mentions parry, but considering the description of the edge (it pretty much describes avoid perfectly) it would make sense to apply to avoid too.

Oversight maybe? Or is RNG kicking my ass again, and it already works?

If this is an oversight, it might apply to other means of helping "defenses" generically, if they only consider shield block/parry/dodge as a "defense". Essence of temperance, haste, whatever else. Just a thought.
17310, Zombie Fighter = Parry (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
17312, I figured, but..
Posted by Monk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is there any reason for that? I mean, per the help file and the short edge description (You are skilled at avoiding the predictable attacks of non-sentient undead.) it makes sense that it would apply to Avoid as well.

And considering monks are the only paladin that don't use parry, and this edge came out before monks existed, it seems only logical that it would apply. I doubt it would make anything unbalanced.
17313, I'll defer to team edge on this one (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t