Subject: "Raiding/Unghosting" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #15419
Show all folders

Lirieleth (Guest)Sat 18-Apr-09 12:59 AM

#15419, "Raiding/Unghosting"

I've recently defended multiple raids where people I fought died, only to return healed up (by virtue of their own skills/powers/sups/songs, or those of their cabal mates), and return to the fight within moments of their deaths. When you consider the difficulty of procuring wands, and the value of the charges, I almost feel like it's useless to continue defending if my opponents number more than one. At least then I can leave the cabal and hope the outer guardian returns in time to block their re-entrance.

Is this system not flawed? I understand that typically, someone who just died would require a few ticks to recover or risk a swift death, but in these instances, it's not even an option to attack them. It just seems like an amazing abuse of game mechanics.

Very frustrated,

Lirieleth

(Sorry if this comes off as a rant, it just seems way too OP to completely negate killing/dying during raids)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurSun 19-Apr-09 12:02 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15423, "RE: Raiding/Unghosting"
In response to Reply #0

If someone's raiding and you kill multiple of them, solo, then basically you've "won". I wouldn't lose too much sleep over losing the scepter if you can punk a couple of the raiders and still survive.

To turn this around: how jacked up are wands/forms/scionpowers that a lone defender (of a class that can't get super-amped-up by gear or an unholy weapon) can kill more than one member of a multiple-man raiding party and still make it out alive?

DaevrynSat 18-Apr-09 10:18 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15421, "Bug board is for bugs. This isn't. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #15419 Previous topic | Next topic