Subject: "Odd damage not causing correct gain of charges?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #12872
Show all folders

Keshuk (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 01:23 AM

#12872, "Odd damage not causing correct gain of charges?"

This is a fight with Gruntok - I asked him if it was hunger/thirst and he said it was leg pain (crippling strikes ending) doing it. If it's something from crippling strikes, shouldn't I have received a soul echo?

<138/750hp 397/659m 703mv 15347tnl> <3 AM|new> Mystic frost manifests itself at your hands before you send it forth in a frigid explosion of snow and ice.
Your iceball DISMEMBERS someone!
Someone is mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.
Someone is convulsing on the ground.

<138/750hp 372/659m 703mv 15347tnl> <3 AM|new> c iceball

Lightning flashes in the sky.
You are able to move freely again.
You feel a dark hunger coming over you.
Someone scratches itself.
Someone is DEAD!!

<160/750hp 377/659m 727mv 15347tnl> <4 AM|new> Mystic frost manifests itself at your hands before you send it forth in a frigid explosion of snow and ice.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Odd damage not causing correct gain of charges?, Zulghinlour, 07-Jan-08 01:49 AM, #1
     Reply Actual Damage Type, Straklaw, 07-Jan-08 01:53 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Odd damage not causing correct gain of charges?, Tahren, 07-Jan-08 01:53 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Odd damage not causing correct gain of charges?, Kalageadon, 07-Jan-08 01:53 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Odd damage not causing correct gain of charges?, Marcus_, 07-Jan-08 01:53 PM, #5
     Reply No hunger/thirst echo, Gruntok (Guest), 07-Jan-08 10:46 PM, #6

ZulghinlourMon 07-Jan-08 01:49 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12879, "RE: Odd damage not causing correct gain of charges?"
In response to Reply #0

>This is a fight with Gruntok - I asked him if it was
>hunger/thirst and he said it was leg pain (crippling strikes
>ending) doing it. If it's something from crippling strikes,
>shouldn't I have received a soul echo?

Crippling strike does damage when it lands, not damage over time, so I honestly doubt it was "leg pain". Looks exactly like he died of hunger or thirst, regardless of what he says.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

StraklawMon 07-Jan-08 03:01 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#12882, "Actual Damage Type"
In response to Reply #1

(As an aside, you need more time to play morts again, Zulg!)

If it were hunger/thirst, you'd have seen the echo of "X's hunger scratches him." When a player is beyond "stunned, but will likely recover", and into the "mortally wounded", they take 1hp damage every hour until they'd dead. This looks like you were unlucky enough to put him right around -9hp, and then the tick passed, no extra damage, but since he was mortally wounded, he took the hp damage, and died.

TahrenMon 07-Jan-08 09:52 AM
Member since 25th Oct 2003
70 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12886, "RE: Odd damage not causing correct gain of charges?"
In response to Reply #1

I may be wrong, but if you are mortally wounded "and will die soon if not aided", you take a scratch every tick until you go below some bottom limit of HP. I think it's -10 (maybe?) I don't know the numbers offhand, but that's what this looks like to me.

If he was starving, it would give an echo of that to the room, and "Someone's hunger scratches them" (again, don't have the exact echo in front of me right now)

So it looks like the MUD reads this as Gruntok got the killing blow on himself when it calculates whether to give the AP a charge.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Your iceball DISMEMBERS someone!
Someone is mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.
Someone is convulsing on the ground.

<138/750hp 372/659m 703mv 15347tnl> <3 AM|new> c iceball

Lightning flashes in the sky.
You are able to move freely again.
You feel a dark hunger coming over you.
Someone scratches itself.
Someone is DEAD!!

KalageadonMon 07-Jan-08 10:13 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#12887, "RE: Odd damage not causing correct gain of charges?"
In response to Reply #1

I think he died of none of the above... because he is mortally wounded and that means that he will hit himself to death even if he isn't hungry or thirsty. My 2 cents is it was just good timing on his part, or bad timing on the attackers part depending on whose view your looking from. Where as the fallen killed himself not allowing the a-p to get counted for the kill.

Marcus_Mon 07-Jan-08 01:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
#12888, "RE: Odd damage not causing correct gain of charges?"
In response to Reply #1

It was probably his way of saying that it was the "mortally wounded" damage that killed him in an IC way... Either that, or he was mistaken.

Gruntok (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 09:45 PM

#12893, "No hunger/thirst echo"
In response to Reply #1

I think what everyone else said is probably the reason - mortal wound on tick killed me. Bad luck on your part, Keshuk.

<49hp 401m 112mv>
Keshuk utters the words, 'uqzbarr'.
Mystic frost manifests itself at Keshuk's hands before he sends it forth in a frigid explosion of snow and ice.
Keshuk's iceball DISMEMBERS you!
You are mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.

<-10hp 401m 0mv>
Your leg feels more sturdy and able to support your weight.
You scratch yourself.
You have been KILLED!!

You have died, but the Carrion Fields are not finished with you yet!
Your soul is returned to the realms in the form of a ghost.
You will return to your corporeal state in a short while.
Be careful, for even a ghost should fear some dangers!

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #12872 Previous topic | Next topic