Subject: "weird rot echo" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #10791
Show all folders

Waserax (Guest)Mon 16-Apr-07 01:06 PM

#10791, "weird rot echo"

Thoric rotted me for approx. 26 hours. About 6 hours before it expired, I got an echo "Your sores vanish". Rot was still in my affects list (with the same timer) and I still took decomposition damage from it. When it finally did expire, the echo I got was something different than "Your sores vanish". At no point in the whole process was I ever affected by plague or scourge.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourSun 22-Apr-07 09:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10873, "FNCR (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Necromancer (Guest)Sun 22-Apr-07 06:03 PM

#10868, "Related incident"
In response to Reply #0

I have also received a "Your sores vanish" echo out of nowhere before. I was not affected by anything that would have caused it, and I was not getting the mana/mv drain effects of a plague. It literally just came out of nowhere. I thought maybe it was tied to an illness that I could not see via affects...?

ValguarneraSun 22-Apr-07 09:09 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10857, "Need more info."
In response to Reply #0

Nothing in Rot looks to be responsible. The wearoff message "Your sores vanish." is Plague, not Crimson Scourge, if that helps. The Plague must have come from another source.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

incognitoSun 22-Apr-07 09:20 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10858, "For what it is worth"
In response to Reply #1

It does seem to be possible to pick up plague without it showing in affects. I'm not sure exactly how, but sometimes I get a recurring plague, from having had nothing in my effects.

I'd always put it down to some sneaking char passing by with plague.

Waserax (Guest)Sun 22-Apr-07 04:18 PM

#10867, "RE: Need more info."
In response to Reply #1

Thing is, I was never affected by plague. Maybe Thoric *tried* to plague me and failed, and somehow I got a hidden entry in my effects? Also, he might also have one of the plague-related edges. That's all I can think of. If none of that looks likely, chalk it up to once-in-a-blue-moon weirdness.

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #10791 Previous topic | Next topic