Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectweird rot echo
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=10791
10791, weird rot echo
Posted by Waserax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thoric rotted me for approx. 26 hours. About 6 hours before it expired, I got an echo "Your sores vanish". Rot was still in my affects list (with the same timer) and I still took decomposition damage from it. When it finally did expire, the echo I got was something different than "Your sores vanish". At no point in the whole process was I ever affected by plague or scourge.
10873, FNCR (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
10868, Related incident
Posted by Necromancer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have also received a "Your sores vanish" echo out of nowhere before. I was not affected by anything that would have caused it, and I was not getting the mana/mv drain effects of a plague. It literally just came out of nowhere. I thought maybe it was tied to an illness that I could not see via affects...?
10857, Need more info.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nothing in Rot looks to be responsible. The wearoff message "Your sores vanish." is Plague, not Crimson Scourge, if that helps. The Plague must have come from another source.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
10858, For what it is worth
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It does seem to be possible to pick up plague without it showing in affects. I'm not sure exactly how, but sometimes I get a recurring plague, from having had nothing in my effects.

I'd always put it down to some sneaking char passing by with plague.
10867, RE: Need more info.
Posted by Waserax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thing is, I was never affected by plague. Maybe Thoric *tried* to plague me and failed, and somehow I got a hidden entry in my effects? Also, he might also have one of the plague-related edges. That's all I can think of. If none of that looks likely, chalk it up to once-in-a-blue-moon weirdness.