Subject: "RE: Well since the tick system was changed how about...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9783
Show all folders

IsildurSun 07-Aug-05 08:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9796, "RE: Well since the tick system was changed how about...."

I fully support this, and was about to post something similar myself. My one caveat: this change, if implemented, should go in simultaneously with an across-the-board increase in regeneration rates.

Given that move/mana/hp additions only happen "on the tick", a character that would have received X under the old system will now receive anywhere from 0% to 100% of X, depending on what percent of the hour they'd been asleep. Even if I'm not trying to do any "tick timing", this change will reduce my overall regeneration rate since I'll no longer receive 100% of the benefit from the first tick after I go to sleep. If I'm sleeping for 10 hours then that isn't a big deal, but if I'm only sleeping for an hour or two it can be significant.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWell since the tick system was changed how about.... [View all] , Aiekooso, Sat 06-Aug-05 11:21 PM
Reply RE: Well since the tick system was changed how about......, Isildur, 07-Aug-05 08:53 AM #6
Reply RE: Well since the tick system was changed how about......, Sebeok, 06-Aug-05 11:30 PM, #1
     Reply A thought, Mekantos, 07-Aug-05 01:45 AM, #2
     Reply Another thought, Marcus_, 07-Aug-05 06:15 AM, #3
     Reply I would assume..., GinGa, 07-Aug-05 08:13 AM, #5
     Reply I'd probably do that, incognito, 07-Aug-05 10:57 AM, #7
     Reply Don't forget to consider..., GinGa, 07-Aug-05 08:09 AM, #4
          Reply Spam waking has been addressed..., Laearrist, 07-Aug-05 04:54 PM, #8
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9783 Previous topic | Next topic