Subject: "RE: Hunt and cheap kills." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #939
Show all folders

IsildurWed 07-May-03 11:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#953, "RE: Hunt and cheap kills."

I've never had the Hunt called on me, though I've seen it chew up other people. Mostly because I play hidey classes and don't touch druids during the full moon. Probably the best defense against the Hunt is to never have it called on you in the first place.

Other thoughts:

Know when your PK range includes a druid with the Hunt. Even the Sylvan ones vis fairly often. Also, many druids are DUMB and keep a Treant by their side at all times. "whe treant" = "whe druid". I bet I could kill people as a druid purely by virtue of NOT having a treant and having other people RELY on me to have one in order to discover my location.

Also, know where they're likely to sit in briars. Large Crossroads. Darien Crossroads. Northern Xroads outside Galadon. Eastern Xroads outside Galadon. Field of Rocks and Brush. Entrance to the Holy Grove. Etc. If it's a full moon or you know a druid is online who's prone to sitting in briars, scan before moving onto those squares. Even if the druid doesn't have a treant you can still see his CoW. (As before, I bet I could kill people as a sylvan druid just by putting my briars in NON-STANDARD locations).

For extra fun, learn what CoW's each enemy druid likes to use. The ones I observed with my last character (and who are still alive) seemed to use the same ones over and over again. Forest Witch, Savage Moorcat, Ogier, Kudzu. If "whe treant" doesn't work, start where-ing for the various CoW's.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHunt and cheap kills. [View all] , Xaannix, Mon 05-May-03 10:41 PM
Reply RE: Hunt and cheap kills., Isildur, 07-May-03 11:04 PM #9
Reply RE: Hunt and cheap kills., Hutto, 08-May-03 11:40 AM, #11
Reply I think you're whining about more than just the hunt..., Laries, 07-May-03 12:43 AM, #3
Reply I think I know quit a bit, Xaannix, 07-May-03 05:13 PM, #4
Reply THe things i mentioned in my original post were changed..., Xaannix, 08-May-03 04:04 AM, #10
Reply RE: Hunt and cheap kills., Khasotholas, 06-May-03 07:30 AM, #2
Reply From what i know, Xaannix, 07-May-03 05:20 PM, #5
     Reply RE: From what i know, nepenthe, 07-May-03 06:59 PM, #6
          Reply Sure, give away my uber-secret escape from 'The Hunt', Zulghinlour, 07-May-03 07:12 PM, #7
               Reply Bah! Now the Imms will give the hunt the gate ability! ..., Beer, 07-May-03 08:53 PM, #8
               Reply Not only that, Theerkla, 10-May-03 09:32 AM, #12
Reply RE: Hunt and cheap kills., Boldereth, 06-May-03 06:59 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #939 Previous topic | Next topic