Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9317
Show all folders

Psektos (inactive user)Wed 06-Jul-05 08:59 AM
Charter member
Edited on Wed 06-Jul-05 09:03 AM

>Personally it would seem that if CF broadened it's appeal
>to other types of players, non-PK focued, it would fill up
>quicker and be more engaging that it already is.

>
> etc.)
>
>I personally feel there's a healthy balance between the PK and
>RP aspects of the game, and it's my impression from reading
>the boards that the players and staff are in consensus that
>your vision for CF isn't something they want.

The players and staff that remain, love the game as is, the rest voted long ago with their "feet". CF was developed with a large, very large playerbase averaging over a hundred during peak times of the day and rarely dropping below fifty at night. No where close now so it makes sense that the game mechanic is going to be a bit off with respect to functionality.

This is what happened to RS, the over-the-top gameplay got old, fast, with a small playerbase so it's functionality died along with it. This is what is happening to Avendar, which is realistically dead. CF does not want people voting with their "feet" I would hope, and again advertising is not going to alleviate the current issues of mechanic and game enjoyment.

I do not "need" or even want safe zones. Just more zones of minor relative safety where I can RP with an enemy or friend or someone I have never met without freaking out every second with "where" "c armor" "c blah". It is stupid to watch a bard recital with all the flaming supps, skills, and crap going on... counter productive for immersion into Thera.

I have seen a heck of a lot of players die in the Inn and the guards there are not going to safe you from a level 20+ pker, heck a lower level PK happens when they bring along their buddy to deal with the guards. And of course that is roleplaying as well. Hmmm... I have been ganked in the Inn from level 15 on actually.

I would not, and have not been recommending ANY area safer than the Inn but only the people who played RS would know that, sadly. If someone from RS, who is more gentile than I, could please explain the capital Cimar, Galadon equivalent, to everyone here it would be appreciated. Loved the populace of Cimar that would disappear and re appear depending on time of day as appropriate to them.

And as for my view that you, the Immstaff, want to thrust PK into into every nook and cranny regardless of functionality of CF for enjoyment or the new player:

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=9330&mesg_id=9330&page=

Made to facilitate kills not roleplaying.

Sure PK can focus and facilitate RP, but the reverse is true too, wreck my little craft area and steal all my things... ooo I am going to get you! Especially if you made more money selling them that I did or turn out better products! Love the economy skills would like to see that aspect really advanced more.

It is your rain, your parade, your baby, your whatever.
But if you take a poll of people within a specific focus group, say CF veterans and Imms, you sure as hell are going to hear what you want! And it is not the best group to poll in this case because it is declining in size.

If I am looking for a broader market... I know I had better poll a broad spectrum and heed all the trends I see, never knowing when one could be an avenue to greatness. It is not selling out an idea to take a core concept and broaden it. It is a smart thing to do from any perspective.

Thanks for read, the staunch naysaying, and the tiny bit of interest you show by reading each nutty post of mine. I ain't against you, I want CF to prosper, and live long, I just look through the biased glasses of a roleplayer and avid explorer of all things non PK. Maybe I am right out to lunch, I do not think so, I will admit, a wee bit, that I just may be over the top.. but hey that is what CF is based on!

mrltmrls is my friend's nick and it means "My reality, my rules." So I guess I lose because that is the response I get here. Sadly he lost all the players for his table top roleplaying games even though I suggested to him to broaden his world and quit pigeonholing his players into specific class/race roles. He agreed but it was too little, too late.

Chow.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicI am a bit disturbed This is what hurts CF not the Im... [View all] , Rogue, Wed 06-Jul-05 10:12 AM
Reply Heh...They come and go., Karakan, 06-Jul-05 03:07 PM, #34
Reply Hey no thread stealing This is about asking for more st..., Rogue, 06-Jul-05 11:59 AM, #21
Reply Less caustic response than, Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 08:00 AM, #5
Reply RE: Less caustic response than, Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 08:23 AM, #6
Reply RE: Less caustic response than, Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 09:03 AM #7
     Reply RE: Less caustic response than, Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 09:10 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Less caustic response than, Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 09:33 AM, #10
     Reply Since you keep bringing up RS...., Laearrist, 06-Jul-05 01:49 PM, #22
          Reply Yup., Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 02:17 PM, #25
          Reply RE: Yup., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:43 PM, #29
               Reply RE: Yup., Sandello, 06-Jul-05 05:49 PM, #39
               Reply RE: Yup., Java, 06-Jul-05 05:58 PM, #40
          Reply Final post on this., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:28 PM, #27
               Reply RE: Final post on this., Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 02:33 PM, #28
               Reply RE: Final post on this., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:48 PM, #30
               Reply If only it was. (n/t), Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 03:06 PM, #33
               Reply Care to name some of your characters?, incognito, 06-Jul-05 06:01 PM, #41
Reply RE: Less caustic response than, nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 09:00 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Less caustic response than, Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 09:31 AM, #11
     Reply You didn't read Nep's post closely enough, Theerkla, 06-Jul-05 09:39 AM, #12
     Reply I'll be clear:, Valguarnera, 06-Jul-05 09:42 AM, #13
     Reply Blunt for blunt., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 10:16 AM, #15
          Reply RE: Blunt for blunt., nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 10:39 AM, #17
          Reply Wherein I get irate, Wilhath, 06-Jul-05 11:31 AM, #18
          Reply Ugghh, wherein I feel dirty, Theerkla, 06-Jul-05 11:55 AM, #20
          Reply Sorry., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:18 PM, #26
          Reply Ur are an 8., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:15 PM, #23
               Reply Wherein I throw gasoline on the fire., nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 02:51 PM, #31
               Reply I am a jackass! I can not resist this post, well said!, Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 03:26 PM, #32
               Reply RE: I am a jackass! I can not resist this post, well sa..., Java, 06-Jul-05 03:29 PM, #35
               Reply Bless your black heart for putting this better than I d..., nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 03:38 PM, #37
               Reply Unpopular characters: A digression on Onirakoth., nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 03:36 PM, #36
                    Reply Well said again, no flame sensed., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 04:59 PM, #38
                         Reply It's not bad rp if i think you're a knob in RL., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 06:16 PM, #42
               Reply A quote I heard once, Minyar, 14-Jul-05 01:06 PM, #44
               Reply Except, Wilhath, 06-Jul-05 06:41 PM, #43
          Reply I've mainly just been watching this train wreck from th..., A2, 06-Jul-05 11:55 AM, #19
               Reply RE: I've mainly just been watching this train wreck fro..., Psektos (Anonymous), 06-Jul-05 02:16 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Less caustic response than, nepenthe, 06-Jul-05 10:25 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Less caustic response than, appelsien, 06-Jul-05 09:54 AM, #14
Reply RE: I am a bit disturbed This is what hurts CF not th..., Isildur, 05-Jul-05 10:41 AM, #3
Reply No its just a blatant disregard for roleplay, Rogue, 05-Jul-05 01:00 PM, #4
Reply Agreed, but I'm not sure I'd break a friendship over it, incognito, 05-Jul-05 04:26 AM, #1
     Reply My friends dont cheat or belittle the game, Rogue, 05-Jul-05 08:14 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9317 Previous topic | Next topic