Subject: "Hand to Hand & Material Vulnerability" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #878
Show all folders

ZepachuThu 24-Apr-03 06:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#878, "Hand to Hand & Material Vulnerability"
Edited on Thu 24-Apr-03 06:45 PM

Looking for an Immortal response on this, and any input from whoever. Thanks.

I was wondering if you guys ever tinkered with the idea of Hand to Hand having some sort of nifty drawback... like... and maybe you'll think me sick but here goes!

A dark-elf assassin, using hand-to-hand, fighting against an elf who is wearing a lot of mithril armor. When he makes contact, he might suffer some sort of damage because of how mithril reacts to them. This would obviously be based on a set of rolls, and whatnot.

I doubt the combat system actually states that the hands hit such and such a body part for such and such damage. That is, unless you guys really revamped a lot of it. A GENERAL (i.e. MURDER, not any of the specific skills) weapon/h2h attack wouldn't consider a specific part of the body.

So that's just an idea that would be cool. You *** DEMO *** someone with your fists, but receive some backlash for it from singed hands, or something.

I just think that would be fairly cool, and another drawback to hand to hand. This probably will throw game balance into a slight shambles re: h2h, so another idea to counter this sort of thing is to make something akin to 'brass knuckles.' You could make various materials. 'iron knuckles' would hurt elves moreso, of course, but wouldn't be a weapon... you'd still be using the h2h skill. 'Spiked knuckles' would be like spike-toed boots, and even cause some bleeding, and whatnot. 'Leather Gloves' and such would maybe add a little more damage, etc.

Just a few ideas.

"The S is for Siq."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHand to Hand & Material Vulnerability [View all] , Zepachu, Thu 24-Apr-03 06:07 PM
Reply RE: Hand to Hand & Material Vulnerability, ORB, 24-Apr-03 06:13 PM, #1
     Reply Amen!, Llohuir, 24-Apr-03 11:31 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #878 Previous topic | Next topic