Subject: "RE: On the other hand" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72537
Show all folders

A Longtime Lowbie (Anonymous)Sun 03-Mar-19 02:52 PM
Charter member
#72539, "RE: On the other hand"

No...

I've been stopped for spamming things like sneak/hide, which is critical for any stealth class and can't be learned effectively without spamming. Once I was stopped for just sending myself tells to try to skill up with improved hide, nobody else could see those tells but myself.

And it isn't the code that is stopping me. It is an imm either sending me a direct tell to stop, or switching into a mob to try to #### with me even though I'm able to interact and prove I'm not a bot.

I count 4 times it has happened to my lowbie/nobody-knows-me characters since October. That's 100% of noobs I've tried playing since Cctober experienced it at least once. I don't know if we just have a new imm that's a little too overzealous with the snooping, or if it is a new enforcement policy. But I've becoming enough of a regular occurrence that I felt I needed to say something.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

Locked TopicStop spamming [View all] , A Longtime Lowbie (Anonymous), Sun 03-Mar-19 02:10 PM
Reply Locking because this is just getting stupid, Destuvius, 03-Mar-19 04:34 PM, #10
Reply I'd have to guess, Destuvius, 03-Mar-19 03:09 PM, #4
Reply RE: I'd have to guess, Thaedan (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 04:01 PM, #7
Reply On the other hand, incognito, 03-Mar-19 02:46 PM, #1
     Reply RE: On the other hand, A Longtime Lowbie (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 02:52 PM #2
          Reply To me it sounds like you might be doing something diffe..., TheBluestThumb, 03-Mar-19 03:06 PM, #3
          Reply Not to call you a liar.., Java, 03-Mar-19 03:27 PM, #5
          Reply RE: On the other hand, Ishuli, 03-Mar-19 03:46 PM, #6
               Reply Ok, a more specific logged example..., A Longtime Lowbie (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 04:07 PM, #8
                    Reply I thought spamming rooms netted a loss for obs/expl... , Honestpaladin, 03-Mar-19 04:12 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72537 Previous topic | Next topic