Subject: "Stop spamming" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72537
Show all folders

A Longtime Lowbie (Anonymous)Sun 03-Mar-19 02:10 PM
Charter member
#72537, "Stop spamming"

I just need to rant a little, since interactions like this make me lose momentum with my character, and just want to logoff rather than try to play in ways which make other people happy.

This has happened to me a few times in recent months. I'm a low level character, I'm online, and doing something that requires a whole lot of repetition. There's not a lot of other people on, so it is a good time to do some mindless spamming, and not in a way that will bother any other players online at the time.

That spamming may include working on a skill in my guild, or looking through an area where I expect I might be able to get some explore/observation experience where I need to copy/paste a long line of commands like "exa box, exa crate, exa desk, exa drawer", because meticulously reading room descriptions for an hour at a time gives me a freaking headache after doing it with my two-hundredth character.

I understand Imms will snoop random people when there's nothing else going on, but if you see somebody doing this, why do I frequently get interrupted telling me to stop spamming? How are we supposed to explore tedious areas or learn grindy skills without spamming them? It makes me not want to play when somebody tells me not to play the way I feel like I need to play when it isn't affecting other players.

I would like to just ask if you are an imm and you notice somebody starting to spam when it isn't bothering any other players, just stop snooping. With the way the game exists where I absolutely have to spam things, all it does is frustrate me when you tell me somebody got just as annoyed at me when they snooped me as I get when I have to do the spam. Remember that players are here because we are playing a game working towards some kind of goal trying to be as efficient and end-game powerful as possible, and MUDs by their very nature require many many hours of performing repetitive tasks that are boring as hell. Give us some privacy/slack when you pop in and we are doing things that annoy you, and just go snoop somebody else.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

Locked TopicStop spamming [View all] , A Longtime Lowbie (Anonymous), Sun 03-Mar-19 02:10 PM
Reply Locking because this is just getting stupid, Destuvius, 03-Mar-19 04:34 PM, #10
Reply I'd have to guess, Destuvius, 03-Mar-19 03:09 PM, #4
Reply RE: I'd have to guess, Thaedan (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 04:01 PM, #7
Reply On the other hand, incognito, 03-Mar-19 02:46 PM, #1
     Reply RE: On the other hand, A Longtime Lowbie (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 02:52 PM, #2
          Reply To me it sounds like you might be doing something diffe..., TheBluestThumb, 03-Mar-19 03:06 PM, #3
          Reply Not to call you a liar.., Java, 03-Mar-19 03:27 PM, #5
          Reply RE: On the other hand, Ishuli, 03-Mar-19 03:46 PM, #6
               Reply Ok, a more specific logged example..., A Longtime Lowbie (Anonymous), 03-Mar-19 04:07 PM, #8
                    Reply I thought spamming rooms netted a loss for obs/expl... , Honestpaladin, 03-Mar-19 04:12 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72537 Previous topic | Next topic