Subject: "A couple questions I think many of us players are confused about." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69361
Show all folders

RelioThu 30-Nov-17 12:11 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69361, "A couple questions I think many of us players are confused about."

1. Is it okay for me to use triggers to kill people?

I've always believed no, but there are players who have used them for years to amass a lot of PKs, and of course everyone's favorite villain is using them to sleep people. He's certainly not alone. I always thought it was just a tough thing for immortals to spot, not seeing from the player side, but that if it were spotted said character would be denied. Obviously, this isn't the case or we wouldn't have Shaapa and Marcus wrecking face with triggers over the years. It doesn't even seem to be frowned upon, really, as these characters still get titles and tattoos and leader spots and so forth.

Please give a clear answer on this. Because either I want to make my own triggers to chase and hit on entry etc., or I want the people who do use them denied so I don't have to compete on an un-level playing field.

2. Is it okay to log off if there's no one for me to kill?

I like my Kp/h to be high, but I stick to what I thought the rule was that a log in should be 45 minutes minimum. So often I log in and kill nothing but time for 45 minutes and it really hurts my K/ph. I always thought there was some leeway given because stuff happens, but that if you were doing this every couple days you'd be in trouble. Again, seems not be the case as characters who routinely do this seem to do alright in terms of rewards and recognition, and so I guess then certainly aren't punished.

Please give a clear answer on this. I either want to do this myself or have my competition be denied or otherwise demerited so we have a level playing field.

3. Is it okay for me to log off and log back to break grid lock?

Let's say I run all my opposing PKs out of Forbidden Forest. They are hiding in guilds and cabals and shrines. Is it okay for me to log out in the inn in the settlement to let things "reset" back to normal and maybe have them return to ranking. Then I can log back in and we can have more PK fun together. Or, let's say I take items and no one is retrieving. Can I log out for 20 minutes to see if something sort of shakes loose so we can get back to killing each other?

Please give a clear answer on this. Everyone's favorite villain uses this strategy a good bit, and it seemed like one immortal said it wasn't okay, but then nothing happened to that player except maybe a talking-to. He still has a title, tattoo, leader spot and didn't lose the weapon he built off the back of that strategy so I'm a little confused as to the rule here. Maybe there wasn't a consensus among the rest of the staff as to whether that's a violation? Again, I'd just like to have violators punished or someone to say it's fine so I can do it too and compete on a level playing field.

4. What's the policy on Discord and other VoIP options?

I know this is tough to police, so it seems like we shouldn't bother. Is it alright if we start making OOC groups or clans or whatever you call them (similar to like WoW and Eve and other games) and then coordinate over VoIP so that we can take advantage of knowledge and scouting amongst a wider range of people. If only one group who likes to push the boundaries of rules does this and everyone else shies away for want of being rule-followers it kind of creates a disparity in in-game capability.

Please give a clear answer on this? Either let's police it and punish, or let's make it clear it's allowed so we are all on a level playing field.

I know I don't speak for everyone, but it seems like a fair number of us are confused on what behavior is acceptable. Maybe it's 2 tours in Iraq and 1 tour in Afghanistan making me a little weird, and I fully admit that could be the case. But I'm used to clear rules of engagement. So, I'm humbly asking whoever is in charge to lay down the SOPs and ROEs regarding the above and enforce them in a way that is clear and fair to everyone.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicA couple questions I think many of us players are confu... [View all] , Relio, Thu 30-Nov-17 12:11 PM
Reply RE: A couple questions I think many of us players are c..., Umiron, 30-Nov-17 01:09 PM, #1
     Reply What I'm hearing you say., Relio, 30-Nov-17 01:46 PM, #2
     Reply One caveat, Relio, 30-Nov-17 02:11 PM, #5
     Reply RE: One caveat, robdarken_, 01-Dec-17 11:38 AM, #32
          Reply No., Relio, 04-Dec-17 08:56 PM, #33
               Reply RE: No., robdarken_, 04-Dec-17 09:46 PM, #35
                    Reply I'll give you one more response., Relio, 05-Dec-17 12:10 AM, #36
                         Reply RE: I'll give you one more response., robdarken_, 05-Dec-17 10:25 PM, #38
                         Reply Such sour grapes, Bemused, 05-Dec-17 11:55 PM, #39
     Reply I'd say "No, you didn't get it", Kstatida, 01-Dec-17 06:54 AM, #25
     Reply RE: What I'm hearing you say., robdarken_, 01-Dec-17 10:56 AM, #31
          Reply You assume incorrectly, k-b, 06-Dec-17 12:57 PM, #40
               Reply RE: You assume incorrectly, robdarken_, 06-Dec-17 06:45 PM, #41
     Reply Seems reasonable., Seriphax, 30-Nov-17 01:50 PM, #3
     Reply Please don't derail my post about rules into a post abo..., Relio, 30-Nov-17 01:55 PM, #4
          Reply But..., Lhydia, 30-Nov-17 02:40 PM, #6
          Reply Did you read the posts above?, Relio, 30-Nov-17 02:51 PM, #7
               Reply Yeah I noticed that., Lhydia, 30-Nov-17 02:59 PM, #9
               Reply Hell yea they are., Relio, 30-Nov-17 03:14 PM, #10
               Reply I don't think so, Cointreau, 30-Nov-17 08:07 PM, #18
                    Reply Turning trigger systems on/off is a non issue, laxman, 30-Nov-17 10:52 PM, #21
                         Reply Are "chase aliases" okay?, Cointreau, 30-Nov-17 11:38 PM, #22
                              Reply I would be okay with it, laxman, 01-Dec-17 12:14 AM, #23
                              Reply Hah, I wish I was that clever., Cointreau, 01-Dec-17 01:04 AM, #24
                              Reply I was slain recently, Kstatida, 01-Dec-17 06:58 AM, #27
               Reply That's not what Umiron has said tho NT, Kstatida, 01-Dec-17 06:56 AM, #26
               Reply RE: Did you read the posts above?, Demos, 01-Dec-17 10:01 AM, #30
                    Reply Sorta, Relio, 05-Dec-17 12:09 AM, #37
          Reply Impossible., Seriphax, 30-Nov-17 02:54 PM, #8
     Reply Addendum for clarity, I guess., Umiron, 30-Nov-17 04:02 PM, #11
          Reply I don't get it., Relio, 30-Nov-17 04:40 PM, #12
               Reply You should consider yourself very lucky, vorian, 30-Nov-17 05:18 PM, #13
               Reply TL;DR- Case by Case basis. N/T, Seriphax, 30-Nov-17 05:34 PM, #14
               Reply I’m confident that I speak for everyone when I s..., Bemused, 30-Nov-17 06:55 PM, #15
               Reply I like Umiron., Lhydia, 30-Nov-17 07:30 PM, #16
               Reply You don't. Are you talking about Relio? n/t , Saagkri, 30-Nov-17 07:44 PM, #17
               Reply Yes, Relio, Bemused, 30-Nov-17 08:13 PM, #19
                    Reply Well, at least he didn't call Umi a cunt. n/t, Saagkri, 01-Dec-17 07:07 AM, #29
                         Reply I guess forum rules are also selectively enforced on a ..., Relio, 04-Dec-17 09:12 PM, #34
               Reply Co-signed, Kstatida, 01-Dec-17 07:01 AM, #28
               Reply Umirons response decoded, laxman, 30-Nov-17 09:27 PM, #20
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69361 Previous topic | Next topic