Subject: "RE: Not really" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #6527
Show all folders

EskelianWed 24-Nov-04 04:22 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6579, "RE: Not really"

>Not true. Empowerment is once again a privilege in IC point of
>view. Yes it can be demanding trying to contact your god for
>empowerment. And I'm sure the Imms cover one another when one
>is absent. I'm also sure a note to the said Imm will help a
>LOT too!

Wait til your char is 140 hours old and get empowered. Sure your character might believe its a priviledge. If you as a player think its a priviledge to sit in a room in a GAME and wait for someone to log in so you can play your character then you're a sick twisted masochist. I've found they don't usually cover each other or at least didn't when I played a few of my more arduous empowerment chars. You roll char, pray, turns out god is on vacation, so you wait, then god goes inactive altogether and now you just wasted 80 hours or you try to switch to a new imm which results in you being viewed as a flip-flopper.

Its a system that is inherently flawed and saying it isn't is outright ignorant. I don't care what any imm says, empowerment has far far less to do with roleplay (for experienced players) than it has to do with actually catching the Immortal online. I know, I've had tons of priests. I've also seen tons of morons with tattoos, because frankly not all imms are equal in how they judge good roleplay. Theerkla has it exactly right below, you eventually aim for the imms that are frequently vis and have a lot of tat'd followers, you don't pick a role really you figure out what role works for the imm you'll have to wait the least amount of time for.

Especially since a lot of the older religions were general and adapting to your character whereas many of the new ones are so specific that most followers look like cookie cutters, so you have to force roles that meet the guidelines of the imm that you're not going to have to wait two months for.

>
>>demands, basically if you choose inactive god as your
>religion
>>or your times do not overlap you are at a loss.
>
>Not true. I've been empowered by Jazur (who is long dead and
>gone before Narissa came up), by another dead Imm (who is also
>long dead and gone).
>

I honestly think its easier to get empowered by a make-believe imm than an imm thats just inactive or not playing while you are.

>I live in a timezone where you wake, I sleep and vice versa. I
>have had more than 5 empowerment characters in my CF life and
>I still find empowerment enjoyable. Never had any strings with
>'up there' and no problems. I find most Imms are keen to
>empower you if you can RP (or try to) or have a role to assist
>them understand your character.

Yeah, I play in your timezone, so do a lot of people that work during the day and night. Are we just imagining our problems? Are you trying to tell us all that we're horrible roleplayers or something compared to the people who get lucky and get empowered in ten minutes? Hopefully you aren't serious.

>Never had this problem. I log in, pray, rank up about 2 ranks,
>then pray and more pray (plus notes and stuff and interaction
>with guardians, etc). I'll slow down at 15 rank as the PKers
>tend to grow larger.

Yeah, I guess we all imagined this problem. I've done all the same things including occassionally solo ranking up as high as mid 20's. Doesn't change the fact that if you're aiming at an Imm and they aren't on your playing times you're #### out of luck.

>
>And "sorry boys, I must leave your group as I'm not empowered
>yet" is fine with me. So far, I don't have any issues with
>groupmates when I tell them early that after this last run,
>I'll be seeking blessings from my god.
>

Shrine sitting is a waste of time. If it was that fun to you, why not make chars that just randomly talk to some mob in the game for three full RL hours a week. Why don't you? Because its boring.

>>And automatic empowerment has nothing to do with tattoo-ing
>at
>>all.
>
>Sorry if I had the mis-conception about my reply on the tattoo
>post.
>
>I still support empowerment all these years. Beats me.

Empowerment is fine in concept, I don't know, I just think it should come later. I can sit at level 30 for 100 hours and do things. I can't sit at level 15 for 100 hours and do anything. Hanging out in the Inn preaching is cool and all but after a while you wonder why the hell you're playing at all.

Maybe some people can play two hours a day or just log in whenever they have to in order to catch an immortal. Maybe some people can log in at 4AM to catch an Imm. I can't. Lot of players can't. We write notes, we go to the shrine, we roleplay, all the same things you guys do, but if the Imm isn't around, that is beyond your control.

Sitting for one hour is stupid. Sitting for 20 is very, very stupid. I don't know, why not have empowerment based on note passing? Or maybe imms could like, arrange a time to meet up when its convenient for them. Most emails I've ever sent to the imms have gone unresponded to at all. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but its certainly not *fun* by any means.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicEmpowerment Tip of the Day! [View all] , Amaranthe, Sat 20-Nov-04 01:08 PM
Reply Coming back to what Alarian was saying..., Beer, 06-Dec-04 09:04 PM, #32
Reply What I did., Alarian, 07-Dec-04 11:00 AM, #36
     Reply Although it's a lot more patience you need here..., Beer, 07-Dec-04 02:34 PM, #37
     Reply Heh, so i'm not the only one to have used him in my rol..., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 09-Dec-04 02:52 PM, #41
          Reply Who?, Alarian, 09-Dec-04 03:03 PM, #42
Reply Empowerment, Nivek1, 23-Nov-04 12:47 PM, #6
Reply Yep. It's not for everyone. (n/t), Qaledus, 23-Nov-04 03:11 PM, #11
Reply Empowerment Rocks!, Narissa, 23-Nov-04 10:30 PM, #19
     Reply You miss the whole point, Dwoggurd, 24-Nov-04 02:38 AM, #20
          Reply Not really, Narissa, 24-Nov-04 04:06 AM, #23
          Reply RE: Not really, Eskelian, 24-Nov-04 04:22 AM #24
               Reply Bottom line for me, Theerkla, 24-Nov-04 07:42 AM, #25
          Reply Keep in mind priest breaks in role play are dealt with ..., jasmin, 24-Nov-04 12:37 PM, #26
               Reply Crap, was supposed to be under Dwoggurd n/t, jasmin, 24-Nov-04 12:42 PM, #27
               Reply Sure it's flawed, just by what your wrote, Theerkla, 24-Nov-04 12:53 PM, #28
Reply Way to fix things, Dwoggurd, 23-Nov-04 09:02 AM, #4
Reply RE: Way to fix things, Valguarnera, 23-Nov-04 09:13 AM, #5
Reply Let us work together, Dwoggurd, 23-Nov-04 12:53 PM, #7
Reply My name is Nivek, and I endorse this post. nt, Nivek1, 23-Nov-04 12:59 PM, #8
Reply As a 9 time empoweree...., Alarian, 23-Nov-04 02:56 PM, #9
     Reply Wherein we disagree, Theerkla, 23-Nov-04 03:07 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Wherein we disagree, Valguarnera, 23-Nov-04 03:53 PM, #12
     Reply Fair Enough, Alarian, 23-Nov-04 04:14 PM, #14
          Reply That's just it, Theerkla, 23-Nov-04 04:57 PM, #17
     Reply RE: As a 9 time empoweree...., Nivek1, 23-Nov-04 03:55 PM, #13
     Reply For me?, Alarian, 23-Nov-04 04:06 PM, #15
          Reply 20 hours!, Nivek1, 23-Nov-04 04:19 PM, #16
     Reply RE: As a 9 time empoweree...., Eskelian, 24-Nov-04 03:08 AM, #22
     Reply Hiya!, Beer, 03-Dec-04 05:52 PM, #31
     Reply A large problem for players who play a lot, in short sp..., elmeri_, 13-Dec-04 04:00 PM, #43
Reply I gotta say..., Jhishesh, 24-Nov-04 02:45 AM, #21
Reply RE: Way to fix things, Isildur, 23-Nov-04 06:35 PM, #18
Reply RE: Way to fix things, Tirach, 25-Nov-04 06:46 AM, #30
Reply I have to say, I won't play empowerment characters., Scrimbul, 24-Nov-04 05:20 PM, #29
Reply Why not just do this? (mostly for imms), Phaistus, 07-Dec-04 04:14 AM, #33
Reply Frankly,, Phaelim (Anonymous), 07-Dec-04 05:03 AM, #34
     Reply Heh, Dwoggurd, 07-Dec-04 05:47 AM, #35
     Reply However, Phaistus, 07-Dec-04 08:27 PM, #38
Reply As it has already been said..., Amaranthe, 09-Dec-04 12:57 PM, #40
Reply RE: Empowerment Tip of the Day!, WildGirl, 23-Nov-04 02:08 AM, #2
Reply Tattoo, you mean?, Narissa, 23-Nov-04 05:15 AM, #3
Reply RE: Empowerment Tip of the Day!, Amaranthe, 09-Dec-04 12:48 PM, #39
Reply Heh, so true. nt, Grurk Muouk, 21-Nov-04 02:05 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #6527 Previous topic | Next topic