Subject: "A few things about neutral, and all, conjurers." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62552
Show all folders

KoeKhaosTue 09-Feb-16 05:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62552, "A few things about neutral, and all, conjurers."

So having experienced conjurers from inception to now. I've had a few hero goodie conjurers and a multitudes of hero neutral conjurers. I'd say at one point I had neutral conjurers mastered. I would rarely ever die to a servitor in the past once I knew what I was doing. The past three or so attempts during the past few years haven't been so good, at least in the lower levels. I've been told at some point they changed how conjurers work and since then neutral and evil conjurers have been nearly non-existant. I'll point out some changes that I don't really understand and think may have to do with it, at least from a neutral perspective.

1. Angels are now super aggressive. They've always been very dangerous, but you could call a 0 mana angel and put a 200 mana bind on one and fight evils and it would be happy. Now a 0 mana angel will turn on you after fighting hordes of undead in as little as 20 hours with a 600 mana bind. I never had one not turn on my way before timer was up even though they were always no mana conjure with strong bind. To a smaller degree archons are also much harder to bind now. With the first archon edge around hero they feel more in line with what they used to be pre-edge. It makes me wonder if they were set to be harder so that they are what they originally were like pre-edges to make up for edges making them too easy maybe? Either way, neutral conjurers have gotten a good bit tougher here, at least while leveling up/pre edge. I can't say what angels are like with edge/hero though because I never bothered to try one again since I already lost plenty of con to them.

2. Earth elementals get angry under water too quickly now. Previously I could get them to last a good while and were the only option for a conjurer to go under water since water elementals do 0 damage to most things under water. Now they turn after just a few hours underwater it seems like. This leaves conjurers with few options for fighting underwater unless they have one of the special items.

3. It may just be this last familiar, but it feels like warded familiar was nerfed a good bit. My familiar could die to single breaths attacks, whereas such a thing has never happened to me before at hero with warded/warrior familiar. There is a small chance I just never had a cat get hit hard before and it is vuln though, so I will give that possibility.

4. Pets aggroing into towns. There should be a way to turn this off I feel. I know other people and imps don't agree, but this is the only class that has their whole repertoire of abilities being turned against them mechanically in a way they cannot control. A conjurer can be near udgaard, many rooms away from any city, be summoned and AOEd on pets. They don't have to attack or anything. The attacker can then flee south into galadon, two rooms, and the pets will auto track two paces south into galadon and attack. Those two rooms are also two areas. Meaning the conjurer is two paces and two areas out of the protected town, never went into town, never attacked anyone, and is now wanted. That is a purely mechanical thing and has no immersion quality and could put a potential tribunal applicant who spent hours on their description/role/leveling into the trash. I strongly feel this should have some manner to be avoidable. The option to "elemental noarea" was added for a similar reason. It wasn't originally available.

5. Familiar agility. I'm not sure how I feel about this since this is my first time having it, but 20% dodge seemed to fire hardly every to make it worth having your pet out and vulnerable and the cost of the edge with edges being harder to gett now. I hear it's possibly great on a dark-elf conjurer but I think there is a reason you rarely see evil or neutral conjurers anymore... they are just too hard to play at this point and neutral conjurers used to be my favorite class for years.

6. I also think bindings and circles maybe were nerfed to make the edges put them at the original levels. They don't feel like they work as well as they used to, but this area I am much less sure of as I didn't test enough.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA few things about neutral, and all, conjurers. [View all] , KoeKhaos, Tue 09-Feb-16 05:15 PM
Reply RE: A few things about neutral, and all, conjurers., incognito, 10-Feb-16 01:36 AM, #4
Reply RE: A few things about neutral, and all, conjurers., KoeKhaos, 10-Feb-16 06:48 AM, #8
Reply My experiences, and some speculation., GoGoConjieGo (Anonymous), 09-Feb-16 08:25 PM, #3
Reply RE: My experiences, and some speculation., KoeKhaos, 10-Feb-16 06:43 AM, #7
Reply RE: My experiences, and some speculation., GoGoConjieGo (Anonymous), 10-Feb-16 10:08 AM, #10
Reply RE: My experiences, and some speculation., KoeKhaos, 10-Feb-16 12:46 PM, #11
     Reply RE: My experiences, and some speculation., GoGoConjieGo (Anonymous), 10-Feb-16 04:19 PM, #12
Reply RE: My experiences, and some speculation., Umiron, 10-Feb-16 06:05 PM, #14
     Reply Would you be willing to share some mechanics specifics?, GoGoConjieGo (Anonymous), 11-Feb-16 10:35 AM, #16
          Reply I'm not an IMM but., Kalageadon, 12-Feb-16 07:20 AM, #19
Reply Phase wasp was amazing., TMNS, 10-Feb-16 11:39 PM, #15
Reply My thoughts, laxman, 09-Feb-16 08:00 PM, #2
Reply RE: My thoughts, KoeKhaos, 10-Feb-16 06:32 AM, #6
Reply I'm going to go with a negatory on that one ghost rider, GoGoConjieGo (Anonymous), 10-Feb-16 09:53 AM, #9
Reply RE: Binding, Umiron, 10-Feb-16 05:57 PM, #13
     Reply I knew it!, KaguMaru, 11-Feb-16 09:15 PM, #17
          Reply This, Kstatida, 12-Feb-16 02:03 AM, #18
Reply RE: A few things about neutral, and all, conjurers., Umiron, 09-Feb-16 07:51 PM, #1
     Reply RE: A few things about neutral, and all, conjurers., KoeKhaos, 10-Feb-16 06:29 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62552 Previous topic | Next topic