Subject: "I disagree slightly" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #57949
Show all folders

lasentiaTue 13-Jan-15 03:08 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57971, "I disagree slightly"

An elf has a highly analytical mind (I think of int as that at least), so he is far more adept at learning new ways to do something, and also seeing what does not work at its optimum rate. And he would be forced to excel and improve his technique because he is so less naturally gifted that he can not rely on raw talent to survive.

But even as he masters it, his physical attributes will limit what he can achieve compared to say a giant.

A giant of far less intelligence is not as keenly going to develop/refine their technique, but more just randomly stumble on to them. That the less refined technique is more effective for them means they'd have less reason to care about improving it, and their lower intelligence would make it all the harder for them to figure out how to.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic% Learned per practice [View all] , Tac, Sun 11-Jan-15 08:54 PM
Reply I had an idea recently, Artificial, 12-Jan-15 09:30 AM, #3
Reply I've always felt learning should be "primary" stat base..., Sarien, 12-Jan-15 02:43 PM, #4
     Reply Except.., KaguMaru, 12-Jan-15 03:07 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Except.., Daevryn, 12-Jan-15 07:49 PM, #6
          Reply This kind of reinforces my point, Sarien, 13-Jan-15 02:28 PM, #7
               Reply I disagree slightly, lasentia, 13-Jan-15 03:08 PM #8
Reply I don't think that's stock code?, KaguMaru, 12-Jan-15 04:43 AM, #1
     Reply What I posted is stock Rom 2.3, Tac, 12-Jan-15 08:37 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #57949 Previous topic | Next topic