Subject: "A couple proposals to change 'Dispel Magic'" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #55512
Show all folders

MoligantWed 28-May-14 03:16 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
327 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55512, "A couple proposals to change 'Dispel Magic'"
Edited on Wed 28-May-14 03:17 PM

After having played a few mages I am wondering if it is at all feasible to make it a bit harder to completely dispel the spells a person has put into place.

I say this because it seems somewhat unrealistic (and unfair) that a mage who spent their entire life in study can have the spells they have mastered completely torn down by another mage (or shaman) with a single spell that has little lag to it and is certainly alot less of a timesink than putting those spells up in the first place.

So here are a list of seperate proposals to think on....

Proposal One:

How about making it so dispel magic halves the timers on all spells and has a strong chance of completely dispelling ONE spell at a time? This would require the caster to use it multiple times to get the effect it has now (but at least you half the timers on their other spells.

Proposal Two:

How about making dispel magic work like it does now, but you have to pour more mana into it in order to increase your success rate. In other words casting it at normal has a chance to dispel one spell and a very minor chance to dispel multiple spells, pour another 50 mana into it and it has a normal chance to dispel two spells and a minor chance to dispel more than that and so on. Basically there is a mana cost to each additional spell you want to have an average 'certainty' to dispelling.

Proposal Three:

My final proposal is actually the addition of a spell to all mages who hit level 51 (perhaps as an edge or something) called 'Magic Lock' or something way better than that. It would be a spell that allows a master mage (lvl 51) to choose ONE single spell they have mastered (100%) and make it completely undispellable. I think this is fair after a lifetime of study that you should be able to have at least one spell you can seriously count on not to be dropped en masse. Obviously this has to be a spell you know and not one you get from a source (like ABS).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA couple proposals to change 'Dispel Magic' [View all] , Moligant, Wed 28-May-14 03:16 PM
Reply RE: A couple proposals to change 'Dispel Magic', Daevryn, 28-May-14 06:50 PM, #3
Reply RE: A couple proposals to change 'Dispel Magic', TheBluestThumb, 28-May-14 04:20 PM, #1
     Reply Funny thing is..., Moligant, 28-May-14 05:52 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Funny thing is..., TheBluestThumb, 28-May-14 09:58 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #55512 Previous topic | Next topic