Subject: "A thought on the evil race/class skew" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47293
Show all folders

CalionSun 30-Sep-12 02:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47293, "A thought on the evil race/class skew"

So from a purely mechanical standpoint the mud skews quite strongly evil, we have:

- 2½ good races (elf, storm, dwarf) vs. 4½ evil races (drow, fire, duergar, orc, mino)
- 1 good class (paladin) vs. 3 evil classes (necro, ap, berserker)

When you split clerics into healers, shamans and druids, you decided druids would be strictly neutral. But must this be set in stone? It seems to me the basic goodie outlook would fit druids very well (caring for something other than themselves, i.e. nature in this case), so how about allowing druids be good aligned as well?

This would at least be a step (albeit small, due to the empowerment hurdle) towards balancing the available races/classes a bit better, whilst also offering some new char/role options to the players.

Also with this change I'd allow elves to be druids (and add a druid guild to Darsylon). Yea? Nay?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA thought on the evil race/class skew [View all] , Calion, Sun 30-Sep-12 02:55 PM
Reply No to Goodie Druids, Homard, 01-Oct-12 08:02 AM, #2
Reply I'd agree to most, but elves for druids in general, no., Amberion, 01-Oct-12 01:57 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47293 Previous topic | Next topic