Subject: "Personal Opinion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47207
Show all folders

TacThu 20-Sep-12 08:05 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47209, "Personal Opinion"
Edited on Thu 20-Sep-12 08:07 AM

Not from someone who hugs and tickles Neltouda.

There seems like there is a disconnect for me IC. IC I know gods are powerful, but IC I also know they can be killed. OOC I view them more like greek gods and less like supreme all-powerful beings. It also matches much better what Immortals are capable (and willing) to do IC. After all, you don't see an Imm randomly turning people into pillars of salt, but making them a toad or something as punishment.

In my, I'm not that humble, opinion, you are missing an opportunity here. If you want people to treat your Imm char like the uber-powerful (but not all powerful) being that it is... Throw around some smiting action. Do some crippling/ass-kicking (preferably with limited duration, but long enough to get the point across). Instead of your Imm char thinking, I could destroy this puny creature with a thought, think more I can destroy this creature, but what would the reprisal be? Is there a chance, any chance, that he would find my Achilles's Heel (for lack of a better term) and kill me, a god?*

I'm not saying play with the kid gloves on. What I am saying is play your character, but know who your actual character is. This only applies to IC interactions. OOC of course Imms should be treated with the respect they deserve as deeply devoted administrators of a game we all love to play.

Immortal on CF is not Alpha and Omega.
Immortal on CF is not omnipresent and omniscient.
Immortal on CF is not truly all-powerful.

Immortal on CF is nearly impossible to kill, but possible.
Immortal on CF is ageless, but hasn't existed for all time.
Immortal on CF is extremely powerful compared to joe schmoe mortal, but since powerful(ish) mortals can become immortal, seems like the difference perhaps isn't as great as it might look.

Just some thoughts. If you don't want to be hugged, perhaps ripping their arms off is in order... Or maybe you can put them on a marooned ship at sea that is crawling with starving rats and there are vultures circling overhead.... Or some other, even more creative because Imms are way better at this stuff than me, punishment that fits your ImmChar's IC persona.

And, of course, if they don't react IC the way they probably should, it might mean this is actually an OOC issue (not RPing essentially) that needs to be addressed.

Tac

* Unless you are Twist of course, then you can be returned through the power of DANCE!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicA Needed PSA [View all] , Neltouda, Thu 20-Sep-12 06:54 AM
Reply TL;DR DONT TOUCH THE TOODA, Gaspar, 25-Sep-12 10:36 AM, #26
Reply Why?, Shapa, 23-Sep-12 08:51 AM, #24
Reply RE: Why?, Rayihn, 23-Sep-12 12:51 PM, #25
Reply Sounds like someone's got a case of the MONDAYS! (j/k), Bayres123, 21-Sep-12 02:49 PM, #23
Reply I agree, and think its a symptom of a larger problem., Vortex Magus, 21-Sep-12 11:35 AM, #22
Reply Maybe you should send this PSA to the other imms?, laxman, 20-Sep-12 09:38 AM, #2
Reply Astein to Grummorum, Valkenar, 20-Sep-12 04:46 PM, #10
Reply RE: Maybe you should send this PSA to the other imms?, Neltouda, 20-Sep-12 08:03 PM, #13
Reply Personal Opinion, Tac, 20-Sep-12 08:07 AM #1
     Reply I do agree with Tac., Zephon, 20-Sep-12 11:26 AM, #3
     Reply Neltouda does have a sorta smite for this, Hopelessdwarf, 20-Sep-12 12:24 PM, #4
          Reply It does do damage., lasentia, 20-Sep-12 12:49 PM, #5
               Reply Gotcha I stand corrected. nt, Hopelessdwarf, 20-Sep-12 01:56 PM, #6
                    Reply Opinion: Smite is stupid, Tac, 20-Sep-12 03:23 PM, #7
                         Reply half the time I miss the fact I was smited , laxman, 20-Sep-12 03:35 PM, #8
                         Reply I also agree with that., Zephon, 20-Sep-12 03:42 PM, #9
                         Reply Maybe an improvement:, Valkenar, 20-Sep-12 04:49 PM, #11
                         Reply It's bad RP to ignore the fact a God is kicking you aro..., Swordsosaurus, 21-Sep-12 04:33 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Personal Opinion, Neltouda, 20-Sep-12 07:50 PM, #12
          Reply Just one thing... that turnd into more... sorry., Tac, 20-Sep-12 10:47 PM, #14
               Reply No offense..., Valkenar, 20-Sep-12 11:18 PM, #15
                    Reply I do play a lot of stupid races..., Tac, 21-Sep-12 12:04 AM, #16
                         Reply So you're like that level 3 duergar who runs his mouth ..., DurNominator, 21-Sep-12 01:08 AM, #17
                              Reply No., Tac, 21-Sep-12 08:20 AM, #19
                                   Reply It irks me when people say that., Swordsosaurus, 21-Sep-12 08:44 AM, #20
                                   Reply 52 is not just 51+1, Valkenar, 21-Sep-12 10:07 AM, #21
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47207 Previous topic | Next topic