Subject: "Had the champion help files saved:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #31814
Show all folders

CalionSat 17-Apr-10 12:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31877, "Had the champion help files saved:"

(Also for the forum admins: if this message was a bit longer I got a "You don't have posting access" error...)

BAT
Syntax: bat

Executing a quick strike with their staff or the haft of their polearm, a champion deals minor damage to their opponent. Depending on where this strike lands, it may leave short lingering effects. This strike can be executed slightly more quickly by champions who are quick, wise, and skilled in the technique.

Additionally, as an automatic ability, paladins who know this skill and are wielding a staff or polearm have a chance to respond to several kinds of attacks that target their weapon or hands with a retaliatory batting strike. This works less well if the champion can't see their attacker.

FEND
Syntax: fend

By utilizing the reach of a staff or polearm, a champion attempts to push back their foes and re-establish their footing and position. A paladin who successfully fends off his opponents defends himself more ably against them for a short time. Additionally, as the paladin advances in levels and becomes more proficient with this skill, they gain a chance to strike at those they fend as well.

MANEUVER
Syntax: maneuver <victim> <direction>

Using the reach of their staff or polearm tactically, a champion attempts to maneuver their target into an adjacent room. This can either be done offensively or to get an ally to safely; the latter will still deal some damage to them.

Maneuver can be used to initiate combat, but works less effectively when used in this way.

MARSHAL
Syntax: marshal regroup <direction>
marshal forefront
marshal rally
marshal phalanx

A champion can use their abilities as a battle commander along with the reach of their staff or polearm to change the flow of battle. A champion who is wise and charismatic will find they are more able to make good use of this skill.

Regroup: The champion attempts an orderly retreat from battle. Ushering his groupmates in the chosen direction, he interposes himself between his allies and their opponents, taking blows meant for them as they flee combat. Should any of the paladin's allies be unable to regroup with him, the attempt will fail.

Forefront: The champion maneuvers into the vanguard of the battle, attempting to take blows meant for all of his companions. Should his enemies attempt to strike around him following a forefront, the paladin has a chance to land punishing blows in response.

Rally: The champion attempts to raise the morale of his group and rally them to make more attacks. This works better in dire situations.

Phalanx: The champion attempts to organize the defense of his group, enabling them to better defend themselves and giving him a chance to defend his groupmates.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNeo paladin helpfiles are mostly missing still [View all] , Adrigon, Wed 14-Apr-10 06:42 AM
Reply Had the champion help files saved:, Calion, 17-Apr-10 12:06 PM #13
Reply Added! Looking for the Monk helpfiles:, Valguarnera, 17-Apr-10 12:16 PM, #14
Reply Wait, people are still playing neo-paladins? Wow. ~, _Magus_, 14-Apr-10 01:09 PM, #1
     Reply Probably just people like me., Straklaw, 14-Apr-10 01:44 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Wait, people are still playing neo-paladins? Wow. ~, Daevryn, 14-Apr-10 01:56 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Wait, people are still playing neo-paladins? Wow. ~, Doge, 15-Apr-10 09:58 AM, #11
          Reply RE: Wait, people are still playing neo-paladins? Wow. ~, Daevryn, 15-Apr-10 09:59 AM, #12
     Reply I travelled with two lowbie champions., Dervish, 14-Apr-10 04:24 PM, #4
          Reply I've played sub 20 champs, Pro, 14-Apr-10 04:50 PM, #5
               Reply RE: I've played sub 20 champs, Daevryn, 14-Apr-10 04:56 PM, #6
                    Reply My Take, Straklaw, 14-Apr-10 06:42 PM, #7
                    Reply My fear would be..., Pro, 14-Apr-10 07:47 PM, #8
                    Reply Honestly, it seems like Valg produced neo-paladins..., _Magus_, 14-Apr-10 10:02 PM, #9
                         Reply RE: Honestly, it seems like Valg produced neo-paladins...., Daevryn, 14-Apr-10 10:11 PM, #10
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #31814 Previous topic | Next topic