Subject: "A question to those who've figured out wands. (longish)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #29896
Show all folders

OdrirgSun 10-Jan-10 05:25 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29896, "A question to those who've figured out wands. (longish)"

Ok, so last night in the middle of my 16 hour shift, I had to stay awake. So I tried to keep my mind occupied with something that I was interested in. Cf was one of the things I tried thinking about. I started to think about what HAVEN'T I accomplished in cf over the years (filtered through a "That I have the technical cf skill to do" filter)

It came down to 4 main things. 1)explore Silent tower. 2)explore Hell. 3)get a lich quest. 4)figure out wands.

1) I don't think is possible anymore.
2) I've been to 3 of the 9 circles solo, if not explored much.
3) I've had at least 2 lvl 47 necros that were role contest winners/runner ups, and tattooed. and I like to think would have at least gotten a quest..... but real life intruded and I just couldn't keep the character around long enough.
4) I've never wanted to....so I've never tried.

Hrm. number four looks interesting I sais to myself.

I am OCD enough to figure it out, I believe, if I actually want to and put some effort into it. and by "wands", I mean the locations of the char-specific sleeks that everyone talks about, not non-char specific sleek and non-sleeks, I've stumbled over three or four of those in the past, though they have never been "in" more than two or three times over the life of a character.

I have 'not played' some of my best and most interesting role ideas because they were mage roles and I just didn't WANT to spend the time figuring out wands and I wanted to not play those roles without wands.

Ok....so....on to the questions....

(I am not looking for spoons, I don't think. Let me know if these questions are too spoonful)

So, My first idea on how to search for some wands is based on "when is the earliest wand reasonably solo-able?" Both "earliest of all sleeks" and "Earliest of each type".

Basically, the number of areas/mobs soloable at hero, is an assload more than the number of areas/mobs soloable at, say, 30/35/40.

So, I figure, if I were to make a series of "figure wands out" characters, I would want to start crossing areas off the list of places to check at the earliest possible level.

So....

What is the earliest level you Wandies would consider yourself able to solo a sleek (any sleek, given the right sleek location, of course, I understand some locations are harder and some area easier, I'm asking about the level soloable for the easiest you know)

What is the earliest level you wandies would consider yourself able to solo a shield? a barrier? an aura?

What about the above questions modified by class? Invoker will (I assume) have a cake-walk in some locations, and rough time in others, which will be different than what AP's would consider easy/hard.

What level could an (invoker/conji/tranny/ap/necro) reasonably expect to solo the easiest sleek location for that particular class? (of course, if he HAD that location)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA question to those who've figured out wands. (longish) [View all] , Odrirg, Sun 10-Jan-10 05:25 PM
Reply Easiest, Valkenar, 11-Jan-10 10:49 AM, #5
Reply RE: A question to those who've figured out wands. (long..., Dervish, 11-Jan-10 12:07 AM, #3
Reply RE: A question to those who've figured out wands. (long..., Isildur, 10-Jan-10 09:05 PM, #2
Reply RE: A question to those who've figured out wands. (long..., Asyguest (Guest), 10-Jan-10 05:55 PM, #1
     Reply That is a VERY good idea. n/t, Arrna (Guest), 11-Jan-10 02:02 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #29896 Previous topic | Next topic