Subject: "Rerolling... ug" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #27303
Show all folders

Not An ImmTue 27-Oct-09 05:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
141 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27321, "Rerolling... ug"

I have frustrating memories of one particular conjurer that wanted an owl, but got the Faerie Dragon 3 times, rerolling twice in the process.

After the third faerie dragon, I gave up on caring about my familiar and found he was actually marginally useful in certain situations. He didn't meet the role I made up or play style I had decided for this character, however, so I always felt crippled compared to other conjurers. I adapted, and survived with around 200 hours on this char, but I would never do another conjurer again because of it.

For some things, randomness works well... shifters for instance, since they are decently balanced. For something as crucial as a major class power (familiars), I'd like to see less randomness, or atleast some parity among what the familiars can do.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow about edge to reroll familiar? [View all] , Adrigon, Mon 26-Oct-09 09:22 AM
Reply RE: How about edge to reroll familiar?, Daevryn, 26-Oct-09 06:40 PM, #2
Reply *fistshake* nt, Adekar, 26-Oct-09 06:47 PM, #4
Reply RE: How about edge to reroll familiar?, _Magus_, 26-Oct-09 11:00 PM, #5
Reply You only invest 17 levels. If you don't like it....dele..., Abernyte, 26-Oct-09 05:54 PM, #1
     Reply We've talked about it, Adekar, 26-Oct-09 06:45 PM, #3
          Reply Rerolling... ug, Not An Imm, 27-Oct-09 05:01 PM #6
               Reply Just a thought, _Magus_, 27-Oct-09 05:32 PM, #7
                    Reply RE: Just a thought, Not An Imm, 27-Oct-09 05:59 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: Just a thought, orlando, 27-Oct-09 10:30 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #27303 Previous topic | Next topic