Subject: "RE: Another alternative" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26528
Show all folders

JugynheimMon 24-Aug-09 07:21 AM
Member since 10th Jul 2009
43 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26550, "RE: Another alternative"

>How about if someone logs out within x hours of having a mark
>placed on them, there's a 5% chance that the mark will become
>permanent, and the assassin will always be able to see them?
>Meanwhile the assassin can still mark others if they chose.

This would be absurd to do in truth.

As someone who spent a good deal of time marked by at least one specific Imperial assassin, I'd only ever log off if I had to. The catch 22 is as a ranger, you can generally tell by your pk list and where you choose to park yourself, whether it's reasonably safe to go grab a quick drink or hit the restroom etc.

Most other classes, who don't have a viable method of avoiding getting killed while they're afk briefly will log off instead. So it doesn't make sense to penalize a ranger who's marked for logging to go take care of business.

That being said, logging to get rid of a mark is, or at least should be be unacceptable behavior. Definitely more frowned upon than a cabal member who logs off even if they just logged on, because they don't have their item or the odds are stacked against them. Both should be considered poor form at best.

If possible, Mark of Prey should have an hour limit on it in reference to those characters who are marked and log off. Not being able to play your character for an hour without retaining the mark you should have retained had you not quit should be sufficient. And even in this case, repeat offenders who seemingly always quit playing for an hour when they get marked should be noted and titled as Cowardly types etc. And in their case, maybe increase the duration.

A ranger complaining about mark of the prey, is as silly as an assassin complaining about ranger's seeing them in the wilds even though they're hidden. It's part of the checks and balances of the game, just deal with it. If you're quitting out because of game mechanics it's time for you to rethink things.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicMark of the Prey [View all] , AceBushido, Sun 23-Aug-09 04:21 PM
Reply Quitting out is lame, BUT, Quixotic, 23-Aug-09 07:24 PM, #6
Reply So? You think cheating is a valid answer to a poor matc..., Java, 23-Aug-09 07:52 PM, #7
Reply I think we had this discussion before, and me and Java ..., AceBushido, 23-Aug-09 08:04 PM, #8
     Reply Let me speak plainly., Quixotic, 23-Aug-09 09:24 PM, #11
          Reply I think YOU'RE not thinking, AceBushido, 23-Aug-09 09:44 PM, #13
          Reply RE: I think YOU'RE not thinking, Daevryn, 24-Aug-09 12:39 AM, #15
          Reply What I am saying, Quixotic, 24-Aug-09 07:09 AM, #17
               Reply RE: What I am saying, Isildur, 24-Aug-09 08:33 AM, #19
               Reply RE: What I am saying, Valkenar, 24-Aug-09 08:36 AM, #20
                    Reply RE: What I am saying, Isildur, 24-Aug-09 10:58 AM, #21
          Reply RE: Let me speak plainly., Isildur, 23-Aug-09 10:22 PM, #14
Reply Another solution, incognito, 23-Aug-09 05:09 PM, #2
Reply RE: Mark of the Prey, Daevryn, 23-Aug-09 05:07 PM, #1
     Reply How would that work, out of curiosity?, AceBushido, 23-Aug-09 05:27 PM, #3
     Reply Another alternative, incognito, 23-Aug-09 06:14 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Another alternative, Isildur, 23-Aug-09 06:49 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Another alternative, thendrell, 23-Aug-09 08:52 PM, #9
               Reply wtf are you talking about?, AceBushido, 23-Aug-09 09:17 PM, #10
               Reply RE: Another alternative, Isildur, 23-Aug-09 09:35 PM, #12
                    Reply My experience with every assassin, incognito, 24-Aug-09 02:15 AM, #16
          Reply RE: Another alternative, Jugynheim, 24-Aug-09 07:21 AM #18
               Reply It's an assassin?!, incognito, 25-Aug-09 01:41 AM, #22
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26528 Previous topic | Next topic