Subject: "Just off the top of my head" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25043
Show all folders

A2Thu 04-Jun-09 05:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25049, "Just off the top of my head"

I can think of a viable RP angle for an evil healer. the "doctor" with a god-complex. Who gets off on having the power of whether people live or die at his whim.

There's the guy who's just a natural combat medic.

There's the healer who has a hero-complex and is a glory hound who is not a healer for selfless reasons but because he likes the attention.

I could keep going, it's silly to try and cram any one class into a box of "if you play this you must act this way". I think the closest you can come to that is paladin's with the code and that is a fundamental part of what a paladin is. So even though it is somewhat of an exception, it still isn't, because there are so many different flavors of paladin.

As to plague, it isn't evil. That's like saying "Swords are evil, their only purpose is to shed blood". It's a tool, and if it comes from a goodie-shaman it is coming from the righteous wrath of a goodie imm channeled through their priest.

I don't really know what the answer is for revamping shamans (god knows they need it), but I don't think this is it. I applaud your effort and the fact that you are at least putting out an idea, even if I don't think it would work well.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicProposal for change to Shamans/Healers. [View all] , Adelin, Thu 04-Jun-09 03:09 PM
Reply Just off the top of my head, A2, 04-Jun-09 05:25 PM #6
Reply The thing about making Imm-specific skills.., Java, 04-Jun-09 03:36 PM, #2
Reply Extend the virtue system to all empowerees., ibuki, 04-Jun-09 03:52 PM, #3
Reply This is what I was thinking., GinGa, 04-Jun-09 04:06 PM, #4
Reply RE: The thing about making Imm-specific skills.., Daevryn, 04-Jun-09 04:31 PM, #5
Reply RE: Proposal for change to Shamans/Healers., Adelin, 04-Jun-09 03:13 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25043 Previous topic | Next topic